Minor Rant about DIN 1st Stage Dust Cap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is the reason I use Salt-X to soak my gear. It gets rid of any and all salt deposits and will not harm.

Dilution is the solution to pollution.

I mean, you're not wrong, but if you get rid of the pollution all together there's no need to dilute it? :D

I mean, you're not wrong, but if you get rid of the pollution all together there's no need to dilute it? :D
Right, that’s why I run me gear under the hose instead of soaking it.

But if you are soaking it in a reasonably large quantity of fresh water, the salt concentration from whatever is stuck to your gear is going to be trivial.

Right, that’s why I run me gear under the hose instead of soaking it.

But if you are soaking it in a reasonably large quantity of fresh water, the salt concentration from whatever is stuck to your gear is going to be trivial.
For personal use with just your own gear, yeah definitely no harm.
But when there's 5-6 (or more!) people all dipping their gear in a tank after a day on a boat that's gonna be a no from me :)
I love washing my gear in the shower, gives me a legit reason to complain to my girlfriend about how exhausting my hobby is :D

For personal use with just your own gear, yeah definitely no harm.
But when there's 5-6 (or more!) people all dipping their gear in a tank after a day on a boat that's gonna be a no from me :)
I love washing my gear in the shower,

Amen! I actually love cleaning my gear. That’s the main reason I got a rebreather- more to clean... :D

Amen! I actually love cleaning my gear. That’s the main reason I got a rebreather- more to clean... :D

Same!
Also love just reconfiguring it between dives, a good way to enjoy the hobby at all times possible :)

Hi dr.m,

I can't say I like or love cleaning my gear; however, it is a great feeling knowing that everything is thoroughly cleaned and ready for the next adventure. Same with my guns. I have a work station in "my" basement hobby room just for stuff like that.

I recently overhauled a thermo tank valve just because. It kind of needed it.

markm

Hi dr.m,

I can't say I like or love cleaning my gear; however, it is a great feeling knowing that everything is thoroughly cleaned and ready for the next adventure. Same with my guns. I have a work station in "my" basement hobby room just for stuff like that.

I recently overhauled a thermo tank valve just because. It kind of needed it.

markm

Oddly therapeutic, isn't it? Especially when you can't dive for a while... :)

Back
Top Bottom