minimum surface interval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gotcrypt

New
Reaction score
my question is what would the minimum surface interval required to avoid stage decompression after a dive to 70 feet of freshwater for 35 mins, followed by a dive to 55 feet of fresh water for 23 minutes be
gotcrypt

It depends upon the tables you are using. If, sometime during your entry-level course, you learned to use the tables you should be able to figure it out. If, not, it is time for you to go back to your instructor for a refresher.

Like Captndale said, this is a fairly easy table look up. Welcome to the board. Why ask this question as your first post?

If you are taking PADI open H2O. Read the purple book

i was hoping somebody might walk me thru it i am taking naui any furthe help would be nice i am having trouble with some of the tables

gotcrypt:
i was hoping somebody might walk me thru it i am taking naui any furthe help would be nice i am having trouble with some of the tables
This is actually something so fundamental you really need to ask your instructor if you didn't "get it" yet. The internet is great for certain things, but actual scuba lessons covering the same stuff everyone learns for OW isn't one of them. Really, people aren't being unhelpful, you just really need to get this stuff one on one from a qualified instructor.

Gotcrypt,

The answer is whatever the tables tell you. Identify first what your residual nitrogren will be after the first dive (what group does it put you in). Use that in determining what you start your second dive at. The tables will allow you to reduce this value based on your surface interval.

I would take the question to your instructor and tell them "I want to know how to do this". Unless you instructor weighs less than 25 - 30 kg they will not fit in your luggage, so you must know this to use on your first dive trip. If they are not teaching you the tables properly or you do not feel that you grasp them completely it is imperative that you demand additional assistance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom