Mine LaMotte work and fun day - Nov. 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RexRacer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be meeting anybody who wishes to participate at 10am Sunday Nov 4th at the gate to Mine LaMotte.

We will spend some time gathering cans and cleaning the place up as usual.

Otherwise, I plan to do some spelunking, snorkeling and (hopefully) diving in the clear water area of the mine that Chris and friends "found" last week. Diving, photographing and mapping are on the agenda to go along with a nice lunch (sandwiches or BBQ or pizza?).

Chris and Stingray will be away doing some real work, so we will have to do without their surface air supply and experience this time.

We already have permission from the on-site guys and things should go smoothly from that perspective.

Who's in?

I will be there as long as there is more than me and you.... :D

Phil

So far it looks like:

Me - definitely - maybe not diving if nobody else dives, but definitely going
Fleep - maybe if he is not too busy
B1gcountry - have not heard from him, but I think he is going
Skydvr - if others go
MyBoss - maybe

ResQ - other plans
Stingray - other plans

Looks like lots of Maybe's

Hopefully we can get a few people down there.

Phil

Unfortunatlt I am unablr to go due to familiy stuff I was looking at a possible idea to try to clear the water by removing the thick layer of sediment and "muck" in the quarry. I came upon an article which showed how to build an underwater airlift system out of PVC and brass pipe. Perhaps this could be modified to increase its lifting capacity and therefore remove more sediment.

Air Lift Device

It would be great to have water that you can see farther than your hand.

James

James,

I understand that the quarry area used to be clear - from a guy who dove there 15 years ago or so. That leads me to believe that the problem may not be unsolvable.

Nice idea about the airlift. Stingray and Resq would be the guys to talk to about that kind of thing as they have a lot of underwater technical experience.

Also, Resq reports that there is a "new" area to explore that has plenty of clean and clear water - so maybe we just dive there...or other places we have yet to "discover".

Geno

Today I am going to look into some quality satellite imagery of the area - I may be able to get a discount through my work...

This will help with the mapping.

Attendance:

Me - definitely - maybe not diving if nobody else dives, but definitely going
Fleep - maybe if he is not too busy
B1gcountry - going
Skydvr - going?

ResQ - other plans
Stingray - other plans

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom