Suggestion Military - Speak & Be Heard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Firebrand

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
To the Administrators/Moderators - Us divers who served in the military for our countries, would like to have our own Forum. Consider this a formal request. Military service men & women, please show your desire for our own forum by posting on the thread.

Blase J. Kusterle III
CPT / O3
United States Army
Active Duty

A forum or sub forum would be great, I'm in, although I'm not "in" anymore.

as a word of encouragement, something that most soldiers hear at some point-

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Darin Record
E-5, U.S. Army Armor

Firebrand excellent job....HOOAH to ya! I agree with all that has been said, with a few exceptions of the nay sayers :wink: . We are not asking for a special private forum, it will be open to all past present and future generations. We do not consider ourselves elite amongst the populace, we are just asking for a little niche to go and network. Let me ask the whole this, consider the questions and think long and hard before posting. Do we not put ourselves in harms way when asked too? Do we not respond to national/international crisis without hesitation (Hurricane Andrew, World Trade Center, Bosnia/Kosovo, Haiti, Panama, Grenada, Asia and, ect)? How do you think the 4th of July would be without us, do you enjoy the holidays that are mandatory days of reflection to those who served and are still serving? I am off my soap box now.....but, when prompted will respond. This message was not meant to be inflammatory in any way, just to make you think.

NCOER's, Certificates of Training and, Awards available upon request. :eyebrow:
FYI still serving this nation faithfully

Joseph F. Powers
SFC/E7
United States Army
Active Duty
Paratrooper

I have moved this thread to the site support/suggestions because I think this is where this thread should be rather than Basic Scuba Discussions
Mania

A separate forum really isn't necessary - but a dive club section should accomplish the desired goal. For some current and former military personnel, it would give an additional point for making contact with persons having similar interests. Having certified through the MWR here on Post, I've seen a greater affinity that way, regardless of geographical orientation, than is apparent with many of the geographical clubs.

Great idea. I'd love to see it happen.

Thanks for taking the initiaive,
DC
Canadian Forces Member

Blitz:
I'm in. It would be cool to find some current or former military around here that dive.

Awright, y'all have yer club!
Now get over there and post a thread or three.
S
CDR USN(Ret)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom