Mike goes through the new KISS Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Complaints about moderation do not belong in this or any thread and have been deleted.
They are way off topic and these childish whines will get you banned from this and any thread.

Site Support is the proper place for any general complaints.​

The ones I use are the vandegraff cells from rEvo and I had two fail within a month. I honestly think the lesion is the need to have back up cells means the one that goes into the unit in the time of need has been nocking about in my “save the dive kit”. Because they are affected by temp and time they’re not reliable anymore. The need to have a back up might be ironically making the back up unreliable too.
Did you try rEvo CR22D Oxygen Sensor (R200) I've never had issue with any product from DGX, and if there was an issue with any product they sold, including sensors, they'd address it.

Unfortunately, I don't think there has been enough statistics maintained to evaluate the reliability of different sensors from different vendors. All we have is anecdotal data.

Now I dive a 3 sensor unit (Prism 2). the likelihood of all 3 failing the same way is incredibly unlikely. If 1 fails (possible), then I'm bailing out. I know some people will continue to dive with 2 sensors agreeing. But not me.

Did you try rEvo CR22D Oxygen Sensor (R200) I've never had issue with any product from DGX, and if there was an issue with any product they sold, including sensors, they'd address it.

Unfortunately, I don't think there has been enough statistics maintained to evaluate the reliability of different sensors from different vendors. All we have is anecdotal data.

Now I dive a 3 sensor unit (Prism 2). the likelihood of all 3 failing the same way is incredibly unlikely. If 1 fails (possible), then I'm bailing out. I know some people will continue to dive with 2 sensors agreeing. But not me.
Yep those are the exact ones!

As for Mike making the PPO2 readouts being wireless. Wow! Didn't see that one coming. But if you look at the recent wireless air pressure transmitters, they are pretty good now. The range of transmitting of chest to wrist is pretty short. I've been running wireless and have only had a dropout of a few seconds a couple of times. Not enough to worry about. I will say it would be nice to not have that cord wrapped around my arm.

Mike, if you are reading this, a little more information on that computer please. I don't see it as a tried and true Shearwater. Is KISS making there own computer now?
Well done to Kiss for bringing some innovation into the CCR world. Wireless solid state sensors, yay. Also those unconventional counterlungs.

The Cells and dive computer are a product of Dr. Arne Sieber, formerly of Seabear computers. Most of us with knowledge of these cells and dive computers are wrapped up in NDA's.

SS cells work on a completely different principal and are actually appropriate for the environment. (Big Win) I do not know them intimately, but it is safe to assume that the failure modes are more predictably than galv cells, and they most likely will just crap out and read nothing. The onboard electronics can verify operating conditions and stop broadcasting readings if the conditions are out of spec. (these sensors will fail to give correct readings when the operating conditions are incorrect, i.e. low input voltage to the sensor)
This is an oversimplification about the failure modes. The discussion is certianly more nuianced than "just crap out and read nothing"

That all being said, it is certainly exciting and interesting.

Hijacking my own thread. Does anyone know witch of these if either will plug into the KISS splitter board?

Hijacking my own thread. Does anyone know witch of these if either will plug into the KISS splitter board?
Depends on which splitter board me thinks

Depends on which splitter board me thinks
Didn't realize KISS made different versions. I have the molex splitter board that comes with the SW. K22Ds plug directly into the board. I suppose the better questions is: Will one of these replace a K22D.

Translation of the dive2.me site:
Dive2.me site:
Oxygen solid state sensor can be exchanged for the analog oxygen sensor, without additional electronics or additional battery.

The Oxygen Solid State Sensor features a patent-pending intelligent interface that allows the sensor to be used in both analog and digital instruments:
If the oxygen solid state sensor is installed in a measuring device with an input impedance between 10kOhm and 150kOhm, the solid state sensor outputs an analog signal with approximately 10mV at 0.21 bar pO2.

specification
• Measuring range O2 fraction: 10..100% O2
• Measuring range pO2: 0.1..2bar
• Response time t63/2s
• Operating temperature: 0..40°C
• Storage temperature: -10..60°C
• Accuracy: compliant with ISO80601-2-55:2018
• Battery capacity: >900 mAh for approx. 300 - 400 diving hours
• Life expectancy: approx. 15,000 diving hours

Dimensions
• largest Ø approx. 29mm
• Height without SMB right-angle connector: approx. 39.3mm
• Height with SMB right-angle connector: approx. 47.5mm
• Thread: M16x1

Connection:
- SMB to 2-pin Molex socket (see 3rd picture)
- SMB to 2/3 pin Molex connector

Caution !!
If the Oxygen Sensor Solid State is exposed to temperatures above 40°C, accuracy may be affected.
Operating at temperatures below 10°C may result in increased battery consumption.

This product does not have CE. It is used for demonstration purposes or for export from the European Union.

Current price is €$650 for one.

Bit expensive on a Revo :)

But you only need one for the moment. The best course of action I can see is to get one and see how it compares to the other four. In my book the Revo is the optimal unit to try this on!

Haha. Never mind I see the English translation above. Trying to figure out the moles issue myself. I sent them a message so we’ll see if they can clarify which units it fits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom