Atomic Aquatics to Launch a new product (Regulator) on June 3rd....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No issues at all. I mix and match brands and generations all the time, that's where the fun is.
I wonder - the folks that get all palpatated over mixing brands of first and second stages - what would they think of an APEKS DS4 hosed up to an AL Titan?

Would that still cause them a full-on diaper loading? Or just a little soggy skid-marking?

I wonder - the folks that get all palpatated over mixing brands of first and second stages - what would they think of an APEKS DS4 hosed up to an AL Titan?

Would that still cause them a full-on diaper loading? Or just a little soggy skid-marking?
The iconic AL/Conshelf first stage has a huge history and tradition of reliability. It also holds a very tight IP. It is not exactly high performance having only (!) a 1500 liter flow rate which is still much greater than the valve itself. Compare to the also iconic Scubapro Mk2 Evo at an average of 2800 l/m. I just gave a very nice, nearly new Titan (LX) first to a dive buddy. He plans to mix and match. If somebody were to ever toss a titanium Atomic my way you betcha I will mount it up with Scubapro seconds.

Some people consider it sinful, like putting Ricarro seats in a Ford Fiesta or Pirelli’s on a Yugo.
Other people think that you must use the same brands because they are “tuned” for each other some how. A lot of this is just not knowing and maybe listening to some dive shop sales pitch.
Others are just flat OCD and nothing can be out of order and everything must match. Those are probably the ones who get heartburn and skid marks.

Back
Top Bottom