Mike goes through the new Dive Talk Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny enough, on the DT configuration system, when you opt-out for an option, they charge 50usd!!!

You wouldn't as long as you have, what 5-6 hours of diving planned over 2 days. Otherwise you'd scrap a partially unused EAC. You wouldn't wrap it up and save it for a week or more later would you?

Sure you would. That's the beauty of EAC's. Let's say I put one hour on one from a try-dive, I can label it and store it again for later use.

Sure you would. That's the beauty of EAC's. Let's say I put one hour on one from a try-dive, I can label it and store it again for later use.
I think the EAC is the best part of the Optima eco system. Would be cool if all rebreathers coalesced around cartridges or if they made different shapes and sizes of cartridges.

Where is that. I just went through the configurator and if i decline everything the price is still the base 3500.00

I think the pertinent number is the price for a diveable unit. I come up with a $5604 for a unit that is ready to clip on to your OC rig and get wet.

That's not really barely less compared to what I paid for my Chop in 2020, especially when you consider there isn't redundant PO2 monitoring. If redundant PO2 was added it would be MORE than I paid for my chop. I know there are those who don't feel redundant PO2 monitoring is important but I am not one of them.

I think the pertinent number is the price for a diveable unit. I come up with a $5604 for a unit that is ready to clip on to your OC rig and get wet.

That's not really barely less compared to what I paid for my Chop in 2020, especially when you consider there isn't redundant PO2 monitoring. If redundant PO2 was added it would be MORE than I paid for my chop. I know there are those who don't feel redundant PO2 monitoring is important but I am not one of them.
And 4 years later everything costs 30% more.
So its more than 30% less than a new chop.

For a unit thats smaller and more compact.

And 4 years later everything costs 30% more.
So its more than 30% less than a new chop.

For a unit thats smaller and more compact.

I’m not sure where you pulled 30% out of; I see a 15% increase from the intro pricing of the chop and just under 10% increase from the price 6 months later.

What started this was my suggestion DT is doing a lower initial price and I suspect they will adjust based off of demand ; we shall see.

Hey look, you guys want to dive one, go dive one I don’t care. I am not a brand loyalist.

the DT boys made a BS claim about the cost ; I guess that’s completely out of character for them ?

Back
Top Bottom