Mike goes through the new Dive Talk Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) Most of your diving is shallower than 120ft
2) You want the warm air factor
3) You philosophically don't want the eCCR over the mCCR
4) you want to dive 2-3 hr profiles and wont be trashing 2 lbs of sorb a day.

Number three is the only one I think that really holds up over the Chop, at least if you use EACs.

MSRP was lower when the chop was first released.

I expect DT go will have a similar price increase, especially if demand is high. To that point, I’d say with their audience, they might just sell a lot of them.

That and we just had what 20% inflation since the Choptima was released.

Really. Do you just pop it back in the can it came out of and seal it up? That's a good benefit for the EAC use case over loose sorb.
Yes. I've actually never bothered to buy sorb for my Choptima. An EAC is easy and convenient, and it's not significantly more expensive than the kitty litter. And they're reusable as long as you don't exceed the theoretical 300-minute capacity.

Reusing an EAC is a lot like closing a bread bag after making a sandwich: Pop the EAC back into its plastic bag, expel the remaining air, twist the top to seal the bag, stuff it all back into the snug-fitting canister, and snap on the plastic lid.

The one catch is that you need to keep track of three things: the use date, elapsed runtime(s), and which side was up. Flipping an EAC is an invitation to breakthrough, so you need to maintain the same orientation if you reuse one. A black Sharpie works well for labeling the EAC itself and the canister lid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom