Mike goes through the new Dive Talk Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’d wager some Trimix that is just the introductory price

It could also be the difference between direct to consumer vs reseller. I got the Choptima price off of Paragon, which is adds another markup than if Dive Rite sold direct.

Another point of comparison the FX-CCR is $7,900 similarly configured (NERD no HUD DSV and sensors) and $8,200 with SW HUD.

Dive Rite probably has the economics of scale as the Choptima shares components with their BM unit and they make their own regs.

Probably some sunk tooling and development costs to recover as well. Not uncommon for new things.

Probably but prices rarely go down.

When people asked them about the limitations they emphasized a lower price, but now that we got the price. I would be hard pressed to think of a scenario where I would suggest a DT Go over a Choptima. Maybe if I see them side by side and there might be a significant size difference, and you absolutely need the smallest unit.

Probably but prices rarely go down.

When people asked them about the limitations they emphasized a lower price, but now that we got the price. I would be hard pressed to think of a scenario where I would suggest a DT Go over a Choptima. Maybe if I see them side by side and there might be a significant size difference, and you absolutely need the smallest unit.
Different Tool

1) Most of your diving is shallower than 120ft
2) You want the warm air factor
3) You philosophically don't want the eCCR over the mCCR
4) you want to dive 2-3 hr profiles and wont be trashing 2 lbs of sorb a day.

Just different.

It could also be the difference between direct to consumer vs reseller. I got the Choptima price off of Paragon, which is adds another markup than if Dive Rite sold direct.

Another point of comparison the FX-CCR is $7,900 similarly configured (NERD no HUD DSV and sensors) and $8,200 with SW HUD.

Dive Rite probably has the economics of scale as the Choptima shares components with their BM unit and they make their own regs.

Full disclosure, I got my chop for less than they sell for now :wink:

Different Tool

1) Most of your diving is shallower than 120ft
2) You want the warm air factor
3) You philosophically don't want the eCCR over the mCCR
4) you want to dive 2-3 hr profiles and wont be trashing 2 lbs of sorb a day.

Just different.

Why would I be throwing 2 lbs of my EACs away 🤣

Why would I be throwing 2 lbs of my EACs away
You wouldn't as long as you have, what 5-6 hours of diving planned over 2 days. Otherwise you'd scrap a partially unused EAC. You wouldn't wrap it up and save it for a week or more later would you?

Also I was thinking more along the lines of folks using loose sorb since that's what the GO uses not an EAC.

Full disclosure, I got my chop for less than they sell for now :wink:

I was using MSRP on purpose, retailers are allowed to offer discounts as long as they aren't online.

Really. Do you just pop it back in the can it came out of and seal it up? That's a good benefit for the EAC use case over loose sorb.

My instructor does that. He labels that top with date and dive time.

I was using MSRP on purpose, retailers are allowed to offer discounts as long as they aren't online.

MSRP was lower when the chop was first released.

I expect DT go will have a similar price increase, especially if demand is high. To that point, I’d say with their audience, they might just sell a lot of them.

Back
Top Bottom