Might be moving to Seattle -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eat all the BBQ and Tex-mex you can....then prepare for the withdrawl... lol.. I'm not a fan of the rain..but the days that the sun comes out...breathtaking. truly breathtaking. And the sea life is incredible! If I have to be out of Texas, this is a pretty good choice.

Kwbyron, you clearly haven't been to Pecos Pit for barbecue!

15' vis - where? Not here

TSandM:
Kwbyron, you clearly haven't been to Pecos Pit for barbecue!

Where is it at? I'll give it a try...

South of downtown . . . Can't remember the exact address now. We used to send somebody down from Harborview to get sandwiches . . .

I don't know about Seattle.

Freezing rain in the summer, orca whales eating divers, espresso sellers tugging on your sleeves downtown. What about jets? They fly up there in the sky every day!! Nobody mentions them to folks moving here from out of state.

It's pretty rough here. If nobody is going to warn you about the moss I guess it's up to me. And Sasquatch (no not me) the wild man of the woods. Try and have a decent picnic with that thing around, (him, not me).

Diving? Sure if you like diving with six gill sharks and GIANT Pacific Octopus. Did I mention the KILLER whales?

You've been warned.

I look forward to meeting you! :)

How does Pecos Pit compare to that longhorn joint in pioneer square?

Sasquatch:
Diving? Sure if you like diving with six gill sharks and GIANT Pacific Octopus. Did I mention the KILLER whales?

You've been warned.
You forgot to mention the wolf eels.

both-eels.JPG

I've don't know the longhorn joint. But I've eaten many a pulled pork sandwich from Pecos Pit.

We used to have a superb barbecue place (dry barbecue) in Woodinville. It was a quirky outfit called Armadillo Barbecue. They also catered. But, alas, it closed a couple of years ago.

Kwbyron:
How does Pecos Pit compare to that longhorn joint in pioneer square?

OK, I've never been to the longhorn, but the pit freaking rules. They don't do ribs, it's pork or brisket sandwiches, and a few different sides. They are only open for lunch, and only on weekdays. There is no indoor seating, and no waitresses or anything like that- just get in line, go up to the window, and call out your order. there is a small covered area to eat at, and some other tables out in the open. And the food is AMAZING. It's down on 1st avenue, just south of the ballpark, and WELL worth the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom