Miflex XTREME Diving Hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My setup currently has a 7' Miflex, love it. Will be upgrading as soon as Mike from DRIS gets back from DEMA.

Fritz,

You can use a LP Reg Hose to BC Integrated Second Stage adapter (part number HOAD8 on the DiveRite Express site) with a Miflex regulator hose. The 9/16-inch male end screws into the second stage end of a (Miflex?) LP regulator hose, and the other end of the adapter is a female slide-lock fitting that accepts the hi-flow male post found on the BC integrated second stages of the Dive Rite Source, ScubaPro Air II, Tusa Duo-Air IR3, and Atomic SS1. I assume that this is the same fitting as is found on your Aqualung AirSource? This adapter allows any length LP regulator hose to be converted into a quick disconnect hose for BC integrated alternate air sources.

That is not the fitting he needs. He needs the Zeagle/Beuchat/SeaQuest Air Source/Oceanic Air XS one like this:
Adapter - Regulator Hose to Oceanic Air XS Inflator

For those of you with octo/inflator setups that want to use a short MiFlex regulator hose, take a look at your current LP hose. Chances are, the LP hose that came with it is already using a QR attachment (exactly like the Dive-Rite one listed above) on the end of a normal short regulator hose that you can simply un-screw and put on your new MiFlex hose. The hoses that came with my Atomic SS1 and my wife's Zeagle Octo-Z both use the attachments on the end of otherwise normal, non-QR, 400 psi, LP regulator hoses. I was able to remove the QR attachment on both. If it looks like there are 2 different places to put a wrench, then that's the attachment. It may look like they're one piece, but they're probably not. Take a couple of wrenches and find-out.

Righty tighty, lefty loosy. . .:D

Thats what I did with my existing Scubapro Air II hose. Works great.

I'm thinking of replacing my regulator hoses with the miflex and was wondering if I need to use those strain relief hose protectors that normally goes on rubber hoses at the connection to the first stage...?

Anyone have anything negative to say about the miflex before I switch my old hoses out?

I'm thinking of replacing my regulator hoses with the miflex and was wondering if I need to use those strain relief hose protectors that normally goes on rubber hoses at the connection to the first stage...?

Don't know a thing about hose protectors and Miflex, but it is worth noting that the hose protectors are not really there as a strain relief. They are there to stop flexing right at the junction point with the metal fitting, which causes the metal to cut into the rubber on the hose. Tech divers have of late been bending 6" HP hoses bascially double back on themselves with no ill effects, so there is nothing wrong with bending regular hoses double.

A strain relief would be thick at the base and taper off to limit bending. Most hose protectors are actually the same thickness along their length. They actually force the hose to bend at a sharper angle than it would without a hose protector. But that's OK, because what fails the hose is not bending. The thing that fails the hose is the metal crimp cutting into the hose.

I'm using a yellow one on my octo. This gives me a chance to try them and to make my octo more visible for students. So far, really good. I'll change the rest in the New Year, probably.

When someone asks me why I love the miflex hoses, I tell them that I can't even feel a hose connected to the end of the reg. I also have a 90 degree connector which was put on the same time as the hoses, so I am sure that contributes to the effect. With the standard hoses there was always some resistance on the mouthpiece to hold it in place. Although I know about all the other perks mentioned above, comfort is the quality I rave about.

I'm thinking of replacing my regulator hoses with the miflex and was wondering if I need to use those strain relief hose protectors that normally goes on rubber hoses at the connection to the first stage...

You don't need them on ANY hose at all...

What mean?

hose protectors = unnecessary

In fact it's possible that a hose protector would hide a problem that would be noticeable on visual inspection up until the point that it actually becomes a problem underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom