Miflex XTREME Diving Hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ever seen one "fail from being cut by crimped metal" yourself?

Yes, literally hundreds of them. It''s the main reason rental gear hoses get replaced. Very, very rare is the hose that actually fails from pressure, and the few I have seen were not at all 'hidden' by hose protectors.

It's worth pointing out again, that hose protectors are not there for strain relief. They are there to keep the metal crimp from cutting the rubber hose. That's why the solid block hose protectors (ike ScubaPro and Aqualung for instance) are just as effective as the tapering flexy hose protectors like the ones UK and ISC make. They both protect the rubber part of the hose from being bent against the metal crimped end.

If hose protectors were there for strain relief, the UK/ISC ones would be massively more effective than the straight block ones. And the flexy ones are not more effective at protecting against the metal crimp from cutting the hose. They are however more flexible, which sometimes means they 'stick' better and don't wander away from the metal ends.

Fritz,

You can use a LP Reg Hose to BC Integrated Second Stage adapter (part number HOAD8 on the DiveRite Express site) with a Miflex regulator hose. The 9/16-inch male end screws into the second stage end of a (Miflex?) LP regulator hose, and the other end of the adapter is a female slide-lock fitting that accepts the hi-flow male post found on the BC integrated second stages of the Dive Rite Source, ScubaPro Air II, Tusa Duo-Air IR3, and Atomic SS1. I assume that this is the same fitting as is found on your Aqualung AirSource? This adapter allows any length LP regulator hose to be converted into a quick disconnect hose for BC integrated alternate air sources.

For those of you with octo/inflator setups that want to use a short MiFlex regulator hose, take a look at your current LP hose. Chances are, the LP hose that came with it is already using a QR attachment (exactly like the Dive-Rite one listed above) on the end of a normal short regulator hose that you can simply un-screw and put on your new MiFlex hose. The hoses that came with my Atomic SS1 and my wife's Zeagle Octo-Z both use the attachments on the end of otherwise normal, non-QR, 400 psi, LP regulator hoses. I was able to remove the QR attachment on both. If it looks like there are 2 different places to put a wrench, then that's the attachment. It may look like they're one piece, but they're probably not. Take a couple of wrenches and find-out.

Righty tighty, lefty loosy. . .:D
Thats what I did with my existing Scubapro Air II hose. Works great.
I went ahead and ordered the Miflex 26" regulator hose from Dive Rite Express. Which, on a side note, besides having a ridiculously large selection of parts, these guy's have outstanding service and really went the extra-mile helping me out. They're definitely on my "Recommend List." But anyway, I took the fitting off of the Atomic LP hose that came with the SS1 and attempted to fit it on the Miflex. . . Perfect fit! It looks like it came that way and operates the same way it did. I'll be down in Cozumel next week where I'll give it a thorough shakedown. One thing I did find out was that the QD attachment that Zeagle uses will work on a SS1, but the attachment Atomic uses will not work on the Zeagle Octo+. Go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom