Miflex or Rubber LP hoses for stage regs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Just shopping for my first stage/deco regs and wondering whether to use 40" Miflex hoses or standard rubber hoses?

It would make sense for the hose to route nicely around my neck with no pulling when in use but........

Is Miflex as easy to stuff under the bands as the rubber hoses??

Any thoughts, experiences etc??

Either will do fine. I have not made up my mind on which is better. Very sure you will get both sides of the fence.

I like the Miflex LP hoses on both the doubles and stage regulators. They route nicely and pack compactly too. I prefer the Phantom HP hoses to the Miflex though.

I have used both on stages.

The Miflex is too floppy for neat stowage for me.

Rubber is firm enough that it makes a nice loop that stuffs under the stow band well. I found when pulling Miflex under the band, that it was common to have the second stage drop and dangle until pulled up tight to the band... Dangling seconds cause teammates to point and laugh.....

All the best, James

Thanks Guys.

I use miflex LP on my dubs and singles but tok my miflex HP off after all the stories of bursts.

I'm going back to std hoses for HP but was after info specifically about stage bottle rigs.

Saw a couple of posts from people saying its harder to stuff the miflex hoses on a stage bottle compared to std rubber hoses.

I have used both on stages.

The Miflex is too floppy for neat stowage for me.

Rubber is firm enough that it makes a nice loop that stuffs under the stow band well. I found when pulling Miflex under the band, that it was common to have the second stage drop and dangle until pulled up tight to the band... Dangling seconds cause teammates to point and laugh.....
All the best, James

OMG :rofl3: :rofl3: That was gold James - thanks for my first chuckle of the day!!

I dont want to make life difficult for myself when doing my deco courses so might just get std hoses for now.......

Plus I couldn't cope with team mates laughing at my floppy hose..............

Hey a quick thought has come to mind:

Do the LP hoses on stage/deco bottles need to be O2 clean as well??

Are Miflex hoses O2 clean out the bag?

For that matter are std rubber hoses O2 clean for new??

Back
Top Bottom