Miflex braided hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience with the Miflex is that you will not a longer hose than you currently use. The increased flexability should significantly reduce "pull".

In my case, I'm using a 5' Miflex for an open water "long hose" single tank "Hogarthian" setup. I'm a big guy (6'5", 260 lbs) --- a 5' conventional hose would have been too short to run under my right arm, across my chest, and behind my head: the tight bends required would pull the reg out of my mouth with a conventional hose. The Miflex is so flexible that it allows me to actually use a 5' length with minimal-to-no noticeable pull. I'm sold on how good they are, just wish they made a 6' length, which would be perfect for me :D

I have a 5' Miflex as well for my primary, and will be replacing my occy hose to a shorter 22" or 24" inch one this weekend. Just wanted to give one hose a go before buying two of them. A bit more $$ than normal hoses. I really like how it routes, much more comfortable. I mainly got the new hose so I could have a longer primary and thought why not give it a go. They aren't by any means necessary, but they are much more comfortable to route and a lot lighter.

Apparently they make custom lengths, so you should be able to get a 6' one as well. I got mine from a local shop Hoses - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop - Buy Scuba Gear & Scuba Diving Equipment. If you view that page it shows that custom lengths are offered too. You might want to check at your local store (or even order from that shop if you can't get 6', the exchange rate is favouring you at the moment :wink: though knowing Aus prices, it is probably still cheaper over your end :)).

Thanks Saspotato, I did not know that custom lengths were available for the Miflex hoses!

The 5' Miflex is certainly workable for me, and even though due to my size it is a few inches shorter than I'd really like, it actually is more comfortable than the standard hose it replaced (far less "reg pull").

Thanks again for the "head's-up"!

What are you guys using for a replacement drysuit hose? I thought a drysuit hose has a built in restrictor so using a bcd hose could pose a problem if you had a stuck drysiut inflator. I can not believe how short the stock Dive Rite hose is!

What are you guys using for a replacement drysuit hose? I thought a drysuit hose has a built in restrictor so using a bcd hose could pose a problem if you had a stuck drysiut inflator. I can not believe how short the stock Dive Rite hose is!

While it is possible that this is the case with some dry suit hoses, I do not think it is typical. We sell literally hundreds of dry suit hoses each year, and they are no different from standard inflator hoses.

Phil Ellis

teddyg04,
I picked up one over the summer to replace the swivel hose on my reg. I was very concerned about the jaw fatigue that always bothered me with a standard hose. I am pleased that the miflex is as good if not better than the standard hose with the swivel. For the money it's worth every penny. I agree with others in this thread it's one of my favorite upgrades to my scuba gear over the years.

Does any one of plans for a hp hose to complete the set up? Also do they come with a fitting for an Air2? I was diving with a guy last week who had them and they look very impresive?

Saw a prototype of the high-pressure hose with the guys when they were in DEMA. Looked very impressive, and apparently the latest test version is even better lighter and more flexible, even under pressure. So, watch this space... :D:D:D

Mark

>>>>>Also do they come with a fitting for an Air2? I was diving with a guy last week who had them and they look very impresive?

Most Air II have a threaded fitting on the inflator hose. Just take it off the standard hose and thread it on the new Miflex. Works like a charm! Makes the Air II more flexible under pressure.

Saw a prototype of the high-pressure hose with the guys when they were in DEMA. Looked very impressive, and apparently the latest test version is even better lighter and more flexible, even under pressure. So, watch this space... :D:D:D

Mark

Mark...
When you say 'latest test version' are you referring to the latest prototype of a HP hose, or are you saying that they were displaying an updated version of the current LP hose?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom