Question DGX 'Stainless Steel Braided Flex Hose' - Anyone try one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're providing a community service

If a transhumanistic machine self identifies as a human or a human deemed human at birth identifies latter as a Smith Corona Collegiate typewriter, what will we do?

If a transhumanistic machine self identifies as a human or a human deemed human at birth identifies latter as a Smith Corona Collegiate typewriter, what will we do?
nothing -- just grab my popcorn and watch it unfold...
But in seriousness: "transhumanistic machine" is the philosphy of how I see what I used to do (self driving cars, automated control systems), and what I wanna do (make/develop rebreathers -- let's see how that works out)... we are entring "transhumanism" everytime we grab a regset and go diving, or make a phone/facetime call 🤷🏽‍♀️

I harbor no good feelings for "humanoid" robots tbh (except the cool chrome); humans that wanna be a typewirter.. IDK, they can do them as long as they don't gimme a headache 😅

Speaking of things that identify as other things, and I’m sorry in advance for the “ugliness” that is about to unfold, look what just came in the mail:

image.jpg

EDIT: This came "normal", on a DS4 1st; I changed the covers to test seat saver function; bring on the anger everyone

:trainwreck:

nothing -- just grab my popcorn and watch it unfold...
But in seriousness: "transhumanistic machine" is the philosphy of how I see what I used to do (self driving cars, automated control systems), and what I wanna do (make/develop rebreathers -- let's see how that works out)... we are entring "transhumanism" everytime we grab a regset and go diving, or make a phone/facetime call 🤷🏽‍♀️

I harbor no good feelings for "humanoid" robots tbh (except the cool chrome); humans that wanna be a typewirter.. IDK, they can do them as long as they don't gimme a headache 😅

Then you are familiar with the uncanny valley? I have read that Tesla owners have charge anxiety and I just saw one such owner walking down the road having abandoned ship, but if machines dream would it have a nightmare expressing charge anxiety wherein the dream all of the receptacles were not compatible with it's charge cord as it ran about frantically trying to find charge satisfaction and no joy in it.

Thoughts like these occupy my mind much more than asking myself if I DIR hose wrapped myself with a 60 inches long stainless steel braided primary hose would I still need to shave my neck hair?

Oh, as I passed by the Tesla, my Jeep felt no empathy for the now dead Tesla. It did squirt a little oil out as it giggled to itself.

Then you are familiar with the uncanny valley? I have read that Tesla owners have charge anxiety and I just saw one such owner walking down the road having abandoned ship, but if machines dream would it have a nightmare expressing charge anxiety wherein the dream all of the receptacles were not compatible with it's charge cord as it ran about frantically trying to find charge satisfaction and no joy in it.

Thoughts like these occupy my mind much more than asking myself if I DIR hose wrapped myself with a 60 inches long stainless steel braided primary hose would I still need to shave my neck hair?

Oh, as I passed by the Tesla, my Jeep felt no empathy for the now dead Tesla. It did squirt a little oil out as it giggled to itself.
Tesla is a POS, I imagine they dream of how they can please daddy musk and look like something other than a 70s computer render or a used up soap bar
Volvos dream of Midsommar dances and squirt lil bit of oil as well while being able to find their way on their own, and treck after Jeeps
Personally I’d take a 76 vw bug over any other chariot, it’s the equivalent of “can take cover off of 2nd underwater” for me.
Still looking for one tho

As a retired old (neo gen) hippy/yuppy I have no intention of wrapping a steel hose around my very hairy neck as well, got enough trouble with hoods pulling my hair as it is — but the engineer in me wants to know how they fair in water and how rusty they get
(i know of a local to here company [BadManWorks] that bought a tesla just to blow up the battery to make theirs better/as good, so the bad end goal still justified the fun)

On a more practical topic.. I think I wanna hydrodip that 190 cover to make it less ugly on the 250; I might come with questions in a few weeks time

Tesla is a POS, I imagine they dream of how they can please daddy musk and look like something other than a 70s computer render or a used up soap bar
Volvos dream of Midsommar dances and squirt lil bit of oil as well while being able to find their way on their own, and treck after Jeeps
Personally I’d take a 76 vw bug over any other chariot, it’s the equivalent of “can take cover off of 2nd underwater” for me.
Still looking for one tho

As a retired old (neo gen) hippy/yuppy I have no intention of wrapping a steel hose around my very hairy neck as well, got enough trouble with hoods pulling my hair as it is — but the engineer in me wants to know how they fair in water and how rusty they get
(i know of a local to here company [BadManWorks] that bought a tesla just to blow up the battery to make theirs better/as good, so the bad end goal still justified the fun)

On a more practical topic.. I think I wanna hydrodip that 190 cover to make it less ugly on the 250; I might come with questions in a few weeks time

I love bugs, the VW ones. I had a souped up bug convertible, a Karmon Ghia convertible and a hot rod hippie window van, all long gone.

Hydro dipping is not difficult but can cost a little bit by the time you get the materials. Best to have several similar projects ready to go.

I can’t uninstall it at the moment as it’s really corrosion stuck to the spg

Brush some 50-50 water-phosphoic in there

Back
Top Bottom