Question DGX 'Stainless Steel Braided Flex Hose' - Anyone try one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You put a little duct tape over it and any fraying issues are resolved! They do look interesting to me, is there good reason to expect them to provide additional longevity?

Somebody go first please!

You can always sleeve them over with racing bicycle 18mm lightweight tubes as a chafe guard.

I went to the flex hoses to save weight and they do save weight and I do quite like them, up to 36/40 inches, beyond that a standard hose would be preferable to me. These stainless steel braided hoses would probably be too heavy for my needs.

Somebody go first please!

You can always sleeve them over with racing bicycle 18mm lightweight tubes as a chafe guard.

I went to the flex hoses to save weight and they do save weight and I do quite like them, up to 36/40 inches, beyond that a standard hose would be preferable to me. These stainless steel braided hoses would probably be too heavy for my needs.
I had that thought...

Contribution to the review fund have been made -- now we wait till it gets into use :popcorn:

I had that thought...

Contribution to the review fund have been made -- now we wait till it gets into use :popcorn:
Thank you very much! I'll get it in the water shortly and write something up.

Thank you very much! I'll get it in the water shortly and write something up.
You're providing a community service

Useful to Sea Hunt or James Bond types in thwarting villains with BFKs.
I was thinking more shark diving chain-mill suit but yeah

Sounds really painful once they start to "fray"

Having used lots of stainless steel wrapped or wire reinforced hoses for other industrial applications and I can tell you once one of those stainless wires brakes it leaves a nice little finger stabber that get you every time.
BTDT. Hard pass. For static hose, sure. Not for something moving. Great way to tear up a dry suit/gloves.

Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Back
Top Bottom