Question DGX 'Stainless Steel Braided Flex Hose' - Anyone try one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love bugs, the VW ones. I had a souped up bug convertible, a Karmon Ghia convertible and a hot rod hippie window van, all long gone.
Your taste in cars matches that of regs :chefs kiss:

I have had 3 of these short stainless steel braided hoses on my first stages to connect to wireless transmitters for over a year now. No fraying, no issues with rubbing or anything else. I had a relatively new 6in rubber hose pop a leak and it is a known issue for short rubber hoses - thus stainless steel wrapped. This is what DGX recommends now for short high pressure hoses.

This has appeared in china for half a year now, it is manufactured by WMD, well-known OEM factory.
I think it's meant for commercial diving.

I have had 3 of these short stainless steel braided hoses on my first stages to connect to wireless transmitters for over a year now. No fraying, no issues with rubbing or anything else. I had a relatively new 6in rubber hose pop a leak and it is a known issue for short rubber hoses - thus stainless steel wrapped. This is what DGX recommends now for short high pressure hoses.
This may be an acceptable use, not handled a lot and pretty much out of the way.

Brush some 50-50 water-phosphoic in there
I also tried to let gravity "seep in" some of that into the threads; worked out nicely -- and that was definatly a plumbing hose

que the waterworks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom