Metalsub vs Miflex hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using Metalsub and Miflex hoses for many years now. They both work perfectly, no problem at all. My Divesoft rebreather has about 6 LP hoses from Metalsub. One of them gets bent very much when assembling and disassembling the unit. After one year he showed some kink which is perfectly OK regarding the stress he got. A rubber hose can not be used for this kind of application, it can not be bent enough. So I replace this particular hose once a year, the other ones having less stress last for many years.

Advantage Metalsub: the make hoses to measure at a very reasonnable price. For my rebreather this is important, some hoses must be +/-5mm.

I've been using Miflex HP hoses as filling hoses for my compressor. They are 10+years old and have no easy life. None of them ever broke.

In those days Miflex made HP hoses to measure, today they don't anymore. So today I would by Metalsub HP hoses to measure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom