Mia Oracio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubs4u

New
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Im trying to Locate Oracio Of Living Underwater. A mailing address would be great. Is he still in business or did he finally give it up? By the way Oracio is basically a one man show whom is never present, Aldora has a shop in town and a track record.

bubs4u once bubbled...
:rolleyes:

Im trying to Locate Oracio Of Living Underwater. A mailing address would be great. Is he still in business or did he finally give it up? By the way Oracio is basically a one man show whom is never present, Aldora has a shop in town and a track record.

Arlene, is that you? If not, sorry, but bubs4u was (is?) the aol handle for Arlene, the former owner/manager of Lorena(now Caribe Blu). If so, how the hell are ya'?

=-)
HI Gordon!
How in the heck are you ???
Hows my baby ?? I have a legal problem with Oracio he tried to extort shares of the hotel from me, and now were in a legal; battle, dont be surprised if I end up back in room 301 ))
HOW HAS THE DIVING BEEN!!!
I have been dry for too long!
CIAO
Arlene.. TOO DRY, in SO Cal

bubs4u once bubbled...
=-)
HI Gordon!
How in the heck are you ???
Hows my baby ?? I have a legal problem with Oracio he tried to extort shares of the hotel from me, and now were in a legal; battle, dont be surprised if I end up back in room 301 ))
HOW HAS THE DIVING BEEN!!!
I have been dry for too long!
CIAO
Arlene.. TOO DRY, in SO Cal

Hola! I haven't been back since I was there last May, when your dad was there and you guys were embroiled in the sale. Personally (and selfishly), I wish you guys could've made a deal with Javier and Emma, but so flow the currents of business...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having legal troubles; is that guy Oracio part of the Blue Angel group?

Are you still at the same email address?

Oracio owns Living Underwater. He may or may not have a partner(s). I have never met or corresponded with him. They follow the Aldora model of big tanks, long bottom times, long surface intervals at a beach club.

They have a great divemaster named Jeremy. Sabine handles the email correspondence very well.

I had a week of good diving with them. My only reservations about them are that they are a small 1 boat shop. I got stuck with mixed ability divers. I enjoyed my long dives, but didn't get to do the advanced dive sites.

You still hanging over on the mainland or are you back home in the States?

Stayed at your old digs over Thanksgiving. Met Sophia & Jeanne-both quite pleasant. Work so far is mostly exterior, although a few rooms on the top floor are nearing completion.

Outside, pool has been painted, small sand area constructed and enclosed, natural wood partitions & drying racks built on the upper porches & fresh thatching installed & the like.

Redone rooms have fresh paint and that big tub that is so ideal for rinsing gear removed and an attractive shower installed. Slippery tile removed from floor and replaced with an adbode type covering that includes a small stone mosaic. Free in-room safes due to be put in soon.

Oracio, who owns 51% of Living Underwater (Sabine owns the remainder), of course followed the Aldora model given his long affiliation with them. The op is functioning, and mostly keeping the boat full, although he has essentially turned the op over to a chap called Jeremey who is the only person keeping it alive at that end. Jeremy has very good person skills, although I'd rate his DM ability as only average by broad Coz standards. He messed up our group big time on a dive to Garganta del Diablo last year. Anyway, Oracio parties hard way late most nights & doesn't re-emerge until late afternoon. I suspect that eventually something will have to give.

In any even LU is facing stiff competition now what with Memo Mendoza (arm substantially improved, but no longer dives much) back in the Aldora front office & Dave back hot and heavy in day to day operations. And the new kid in this league, Liquid Blue, whom I dove with last week, has slick new Pressed Steel E-Series low pressure 120s, pick ups at your dock almost to the minute, a superb captain in Juan Carlos, fresh towels on boat, jackets for bad weather, etc. It's my new top recommendation for the very experienced diver.

Anyway, if you're having trouble contacting Oracio contact me for his personal e-mail addy.

Don't be a stranger.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom