Mexican Swine Flu (H1N1)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Im headed for Cabo San Lucas for the Big weekend. There has been no cases of the flu in all of Baja. I called the Guys at Baja Dive and they say not one person has gotten sick there.
Im not letting anything mess up my weekend of Diving.
See ya all under water.

'..WHO was doing their job, and doing an entirely appropriate job. And they've been the ones arguing that closing borders is pointless, etc.

Blame the media or blame ignorant overreaction on the part of an ill-informed, ill-educated population if you want to....'

Amen, the voice of reason.

More men will die of prostate cancer, more women will die of breast cancer and more people will die of gunshot wounds in the US than will die of swine flu this year.

The WHO and even the Mexican govt. have done the right thing, i.e. informed the public and taken preventative measures; it is the media who are making it out to be the new black plague.

Read the WHO website and make an informed decision.

The two states Baja California Sur and Baja California have a few cases but I would still go down anyways !!

Disinfect second stages properly as a safety measure like we are doing .

Happy diving !!

Too bad. Everyone down there is telling me that it is not a problem. I booked my trip to Cancun earlier in the year and paid $1000 for my son and I. I was on-line yesterday for my daughter and now it's $245 rt. The story of my life....Maybe I should see if I can get tickets for March or April.

Sorry to hear about your ear (no pun intended) :D. Hope you recover quickly!

How was your trip?

trip was great ben and the gang were awesome as usual, current was running a bit early in the week calmed down by the end couldn't complain on the viz either. already looking to next year. ears are better today no big deal worth the problem every now and then to go diving.

Mike

www.mayanaquadive.com

Attachments

• DSC00389.1.JPG
    DSC00389.1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 60
Great shot. Looks like old Isidro is still in classic form....He's great in the caves too. I went with a couple of other SBer's two years ago into the Chac Mool cenotes. Very awesome!

I hope my back is going to be good enough to do a lot of diving in Sept. I'd hate to think I'd have to spend my vacation drinking...:D

'...

The WHO and even the Mexican govt. have done the right thing, i.e. informed the public and taken preventative measures; it is the media who are making it out to be the new black plague.

It's not the media who have created some Mickey Mouse scale that is somehow magically suppose to measure the severity of a threat. A scale designed by ungoverned group of people who claim to be the watchdog of the world's health. A scale, which in my opinion has done nothing but caused fear and in some cases panic across the world. Look no farther than the pigs that were needlessly slaughtered here and abroad. The media didn't issue these statements, WHO did.

yea whatever, with all the killings going on and the flu, I ain't going to Mexico anytime soon.

With all that gang violence and the fact that you have MORE CASES of the flu than our state, I'm staying WAY away from CALIFORNIA!! That place is dangerous, what with all the earthquakes and such...

**First time feeding trolls, yay!**

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom