CDC Travel Health Warning for Novel H1N1 Flu in Mexico Removed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well let's see ........the title says removed then the first paragraph says downgraded.
So the question is what is real?
It was downgraded NOT REMOVED....

If you really want to debate the semantics, the 'warning' was removed. It was replaced with a 'precaution' .... it would also be considered a downgrade of level.

There are actually four 'levels of concern' that the CDC uses, with 'Warnings' being the highest, and 'Precautions' the 2nd highest. After that you have 'Outbreak Notice', then 'In the News.'

Rather than be a PITA about it :shakehead:, why not just accept that the level has dropped which is a bit of good news for Cozumel.

Please don't feed the trolls, it only encourages it to keep posting.

... the level has dropped which is a bit of good news for Cozumel.

Yes, it is. When I was there May 2 - 13, the island was virtually devoid of visitors. The streets at night looked like those of a ghost town, and many of the restaurants and shops had cut back their hours or closed down completely. At most of the restaurants we visited they were very glad to see us, since we were their only customers. It was nice not to have the waterfront jammed with cruseros, but it wasn't good for business for the shops there.

On our last evening there, the Jean Lafitte party boat and one of the Fury boats came past our hotel for the first time during our stay on their sunset trips, which I took as a sign that things were picking up, though both boats were nowhere near full capacity.

Quote:Yes, it is. When I was there May 2 - 13, the island was virtually devoid of visitors. The streets at night looked like those of a ghost town, and many of the restaurants and shops had cut back their hours or closed down completely. At most of the restaurants we visited they were very glad to see us, since we were their only customers. It was nice not to have the waterfront jammed with cruseros, but it wasn't good for business for the shops there.

On our last evening there, the Jean Lafitte party boat and one of the Fury boats came past our hotel for the first time during our stay on their sunset trips, which I took as a sign that things were picking up, though both boats were nowhere near full capacity.
As much as I would love to have Coz to myself, it's terrible to hear how much the people of the island are hurting for business. Wish I could get there sooner, but the next trip isn't till November. With the level dropping to 'precaution' hopefully things will start to pick up a bit. And (dare I say it) I hope that even the cruise ships start showing up soon!! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom