Metric interface socket driver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tires are also in inches world wide as well.

There was a time in the early 80s they tried to make an all metric tire, Michelin TRX comes to mind. It didn't work and inches are still the standard for tire sizes.
Sorry no, this not true anymore here in Europe since more than 25 years! We used to employ tires with inches numbers, but now all tyres, both for cars and motorbikes, are in mm..
In fact, I own several vintage motorbikes, and finding tires with proper measures in inches is quite difficult nowadays; here my bikes:
Fantic Motor Photo Gallery
Yamaha Photo Gallery
For both collections the early ones are in inches, the last two of each collection are already in mm.
So the year it changed is 1991, more or less.

Tires are metric size for width but inch for rim size go figure to piss everyone off I suppose.

and a percentage for side wall height ...

double it up like this

Attachments

• 2 headed rachet.jpg
    2 headed rachet.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 77
How hard is it to find or make a better battery cap?

Only approximately. I suppose 254mm equals 10 inches, exactly, but that is hardly proof....
Go buy a sheet of metric plywood and see how close it is to 4 x 8'

Go buy a sheet of metric plywood and see how close it is to 4 x 8'
Yeah, metric plywood just assumes 1 foot = 30 cm. Close, but not 30.48 cm, 2.5% smaller. Like the density of fresh and salt water, which we can also sometimes but not always ignore...
LOL! Go buy a piece of 2x4 and see how close it is to 2x4! And that's all in Imperial!
The whole measurement system is a cluster.

I think that the size of 2x4s was determined in order to make a sheetrock wall 4" thick. There can be no other explanation for 2x4s that when finally dried out measure around 1.75 x3.5".
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom