Metric Faber tank I.D. help, please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James79

Reinventor of Wheels
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just given an older steel tank by a non diver (had been used as a paintball fill station at one point). It's a Faber manufactured, Scubapro branded steel... Shorter than my LP 72s, and fatter than an Aluminum 80 (I believe it's 8 inch diameter). Not DOT stamped, and the valve in it is the metric 25x2 thread.
Please somebody help me decipher the stampings, and decide if it's worth trying to put into service!
20200218_145124.jpg 20200218_145114.jpg 20200218_145124.jpg 20200218_145114.jpg

well if it's not DOT stamped then you can't put it into service legally, so that answers that question fairly quickly.

It's probably something around a low pressure 95 though. I'm not that familiar with those markings, but either way, you can't legally fill those bottles, nor can you get them hydro'd in this country. If you have your own compressor, that's up to you, but a dive shop certainly won't touch it.

Looks like you got a 12L steel tank from 1998 with a last hydro done in 2005.
A keeper.
I have a few similar 10L tanks and still use them :)

Well, that was quick! I take it then that there's no reciprocity with different country's standards?
And thanks!

Where did u get it ?
Europe or Asia ?

Friend who runs a paintball field gave it to me.... Was on the porch of the shop when he bought it. I'm near a military post, so my guess is it was given to the field by someone returned from Germany years ago.
That's just speculation though.

I don't know if you can requalify it as a DOT tank but Tbone seems to say it is imposible...
Need to get your own compressor then :)

I want a compressor... I NEED my wife not to kill me! Lol

Back
Top Bottom