Metal or Poly 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually the complaints I have read about Dacor is not about the quality of the gear. It is that their designs were overly complicated for the performance they delivered. Also I believe they changed designs more often than other manufacturers. I would not classify people making these statements as ignorant.

Oh I did not mean those that criticise the Dacor passion for experimentation, I understand the frustration they feel some of the designs they came up with were not properly executed before they went into production the Viper seconds were an example they are a great reg but the early models had issues to be sure. But I have read heaps of comments in threads about Dacor gear from those that can only be described as ignorant. When somebody posts a new thread asking about getting their old gear serviced or what they should do with a 950XL set that somebody found in their garage that used to belong to uncle Charlie, you always get a bunch of "throw it out" and "Dacor gear is junk" replies. These people often are diving with a Mares 16 and an Abyss which they don't realise is almost identical and is a derivative of the 950 they just canned.
:dropmouth:

I did not know that. I almost went went the Viper the first time around. It doesn't surprise me though, buying designs and processes is part of doing business. Apple bought NEXT just for their operating system(and got Job's back with it), and car stereo amp designs make the rounds also. Out of the hundreds of tire brands out there, there are also just a few manufacturers. Its the quality of parts used in manufacturing and assembly that make the difference. Whether they pay in house designers, or outside designers, it's still their product. I hope this doesn't sound like an argument, constant product updating is what I would call, trial and error. It's the law of averages. The more balls you throw at the hoop, the more balls will go in. I like mares for their simple design. I use them at 30' in Hawaii, 180' in the Caribbean, and everywhere in between when cave and cavern diving. They haven't had even the slightest glitch, but I am also obsessive about cleaning. Thanks again for the info, adown

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom