Message to All My SB Facebook Friends: Who the heck are you!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have 19 friends on SB (20, if you say yes to my request).

Its now 20..but I was talking about Facebook. LOL

Well, I think you added me, so I guess we're good to go!! :wink:

Its because your the master of this addiction we all share called "ScubaBoard!" :wink: :wink:
We have a support group for the addicted. It's called the Pub! :rofl3:

Facebook. Hmmm. When I first got invited to join, I figured cool. I did and starting letting people I didn't know in real life be my friends. Shortly after, I ended up with a stalker that got out of hand. She was able to gleam a lot of information from open conversations with real friends, and I had to shut down the account. I'm now on Facebook again, but if I haven't gone to school with you, worked with you, or had beers with you, I'm not sharing my life and friends with you. That is what these types of boards (ie SB) are for. Facebook seems too personal to make it open to internet friends, because my family and close friends are constantly posting stuff to me, sharing photos, and talking about plans. This information doesn't belong in the hands of people I don't know personally. I guess some could use FB as a dating service or way to meet new people, but then it can't be used for family type stuff. The mix doesn't work well, and I know several people who have quit FB because after mixing the usage for some time, ended up with uncomfortable situations.

So, hello scubaboard friends! I probably won't see you on FB, unless you buy me a beer first, hotties included! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom