Message to All My SB Facebook Friends: Who the heck are you!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I've never been on facebook in my life, until tonight. My wife Priscilla was naming all the "friends" that "we" have. "This one is from ScubaBoard, and this one is from ScubaBoard," she said as I peered over her shoulder looking at the little pictures.

"Humm..." I said. "Does this guy use a BC or a backplate?"

"How should I know!" she said.

"Well, then how am I supposed to figure out who they are?"

I'm sorry, but I relate to who you all are here on ScubaBoard, not in the real world.

I recognized some of you, the easy ones like Pete and Marvel and Howard and Dr. Bill and Perrone, and others who use their names in some form as their SB user names.

But I can't match some of you up. One guy's father is having surgery today, and I would like to send you a PM, but I don't know who you are.

The funny thing is, I've never posted a link to my Facebook (probably because I don't even know what it is), so I can't figure out how you even found me.

Priscilla just said, "Look, here's our sea garden. I need more sea bucks to help our friends get more fish." And then she showed me some underwater cartoon.

I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm going to try to look in more often in the future (shouldn't be hard since I've only looked once, today, so far). So you who are my friends could do me a favor and post your Scubaboard names on my Facebook, so I can relate to who you are in the ScubaBoard world.

God, I'm old...

Send a PM to Letterboy about his dad :wink:

just ask us whippersnappers anytime... :rofl3:

I added you months ago, thinking it WAS you. I had no idea it was Priscilla. That's why there was the mix-up on the birthday.

just ask us whippersnappers anytime... :rofl3:

Thanks. Yes, you would know everyone I would guess. :D

I added you months ago, thinking it WAS you. I had no idea it was Priscilla. That's why there was the mix-up on the birthday.
You got the better end of the deal! :)

My daughter made me get a page. It's kinda fun, not as much as here but fun none the less.:)

Well then, it's priscilla who asked me to be her friend then... Dont tell Rick :D

I'm the one with the frenchie name of course :)

I think I'm one of your friends, Rick.

I like Facebook. It's a way to stay in touch, albeit peripherally, with a lot of people I don't see or hear from otherwise.

I think I'm one of your friends, Rick.

I like Facebook. It's a way to stay in touch, albeit peripherally, with a lot of people I don't see or hear from otherwise.

You're on my Friends List, Lynne. :)

im not on facebook..... i tried to join once but it wasnt liking my answers so i guess im not part of the cool kids crowd

anyways - SB keeps me busy enough

oh, and yep - its LetterBoy whose dad is having surgery - you should visit the MOF more often :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom