Mermet First Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was there today. Surface 79*, 20' platforms 75*, bottom 42*. Vis is good with 25'plus in the shallows, not quite as good deeper (usually it's the other way around).

Mermet's my favorite hole in the ground: great staff, nice facilities, very safety conscious. If only some wise guys would stop messing with the cement animals....

Yeah...I've seen enough broken stuff down there.

MgicTwnger:
If only some wise guys would stop messing with the cement animals....

Now that isn't very nice Ken. I personally know the two curprits and the witness:11: that put the lion and pig inside the bus and the two main culprits I know for a fact talked to Glenn about the activity later the following week or so. Glenn was not mad at them because, he knew the two guys and also knew that the animals were not harmed, nor, placed in a dangerous place to other divers. Glenn did say that he would rather not have them moved again because in the past others, not so considerate to other divers, have placed them in places potetionally dangerous to passer byers. The two agreed not to be moving them around again and also agreed not to put a dummy in the cockpit of the 727. Which Glenn himself said to the two that he had thought about doing that one on a couple of different occations but decided against it for safty reasons.

No one and nothing was hurt or damaged. So, personally, I don't see where the culprits did anything wrong. Everyone involved, and many other's that seen the newly located animals later, had a good laugh about it as well.

I know I did. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom