Mermet First Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaHawk

Reaction score
Just got back from my first trip to Mermet Springs... It rocked :yl2jump:
Glen (the owner) was super nice. Viz was about 25' Saturday and I must admit diving through a 727 is cool both day and night. They have excellent facilities and a great staff. I got my AOW and did a total of 8 dives in a day and a half. I enjoied the rig, planes and train car they had sunk, plus the spoonbills were too cool. :thumb:
I posted a few surface photos in my gallery and am trying to attach one here.

Could you (or someone else) please go into more detail as to what lies beneath? I've wanted to get out there all summer and may not be able, all I know is there's a 727. Maybe if I know of the other cool stuff, I might be able to motivate myself and convince others... Thanks in advance.

if you check out their website, they have a map of most of the things they have there. Besides the 727, they have a box car, ambulance, a couple of cessnas, Big Red, petting zoo, school bus and a few other things.

What was the water temps/thermoclines? I might go again before the season is over (no dry suits for me!).

Surface temp was about 67F 1st thermocline at about 23ft dropped to 53. the temp on the 85ft platform was 47

you sure about that surface temp? I was there a few weeks ago and it was 80+ on the surface.

Scubahawk, might want to recheck your thermometer. I think the surface temp is closer to about 86.

Anyway, glad you had a good dive, I usually make it over once a year or so and its allways a great dive.

Back
Top Bottom