Meridiano Fill Station Adding Analox Clear inline CO Monitors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks DD, Dave, and suprane. Now I have yet another reason to be glad I chose Aldora as my dive op again. Aldora, See you in 4 days.

This is indeed a major improvement for diver safety in the works. I don't know that all of the materials have been shipped & received, much less installed? If they have, I just haven't heard about it - but then I wouldn't believe it until I saw pics of the operation anyway. :eyebrow:
So, does anyone know if ScubaMau gets their tanks from Meridiano? Knowing all this, it would be awesome to have a list of Dive Ops on Coz that fill at Meridiano. I know that is no guarantee for safety, but for those of us without an analyzer it would be a nice assurance. Thanks!

---Wes
I think that SM gets their tanks there, yes. Mau said that he hoped to be getting his own compressor sometime soon. I offered my suggestions about optional CO monitors & tank analyzers. I hope he can use some of them.

Even if I see pics of CO units in operation or see them myself, I'll still best testing all my tanks. The more I learn about all this, the more I see it as diver's responsibility...
If you dive Nitrox, check the content. If you don't like the analyzer furnished by the Operator, get your own. That's what got me to buy one,.

If you dive Air, check the content. It'd be nice if Ops obtained and maintained CO analyzers, but honestly - we're just starting on fixing this long ignored need.​
Fortunately, costs for CO analyzers have come down, and maintenance and use has been simplified. The new Analox unit looks great to me, certainly better than the OxyCheq, C-Squared and other previous units - for less. You can order it now for $289.95...!! :cool2:

From Leisure Pro: Amoxtec Carbon Monoxide Analyzer
- or -
Scuba Toys: Scuba Gear and Dive Equipment with reviews on sale

If $290 plus bump kit to be offered later is too much, you can get by on the Pocket CO Scuba unit including Cal-gas for $200.

I doubt that we'll see Padi or dive shops suggesting these needs, but there are a lot of things they don't tell you upfront.

I hope to soon see trip reports that routinely include air quality test results - good and bad. I understand why Bill did not want to post the bad results we got in August before as a physician has to be more careful about his reputation than most of us, and the old school pros are generally still ignoring this. Some of us who pay the original dive trip costs have to tho, as it's got to start and roll somewhere.

If nothing changes, nothing changes. :idk:

Thanks Don - you have worked tirelessly on this.... I have been busy with many other things and hadn't noticed this until now....

yourock_thumb.jpg

Takes time. The hardware is still on the way to the island I think I heard, but moving - and it's cooler there now, as well as not as busy so one would think that the compressors are running cooler for now. Cool weather or not, they need these inline, but at least they will be before it gets hot there again.

And I'll still be testing all my tanks anyway.

Were these testers ever installed at the primary station? Don, do you know if any other OPs got their own testers?

Were these testers ever installed at the primary station? Don, do you know if any other OPs got their own testers?
I haven't heard. I will ask.

Dave did order a portable tester for Aldora, and Scuba Mau said he had one now, but the more I learn about all this - I am going to test with my own analyzer that I calibrated myself and know the date. I have a Pocket CO tester and an Analox on backorder - they must have sold well!

You might also be interested in Family Found Dead Overnight. I bought 3 more household Carbon Monoxide monitors today

Sure would like to know if the main station ever installed one. Please update us if you ever do hear anything. Thanks for all your work on this.

I am so glad to see one person can make such a difference. Thanks Don, I wouldn't have thought it possible but you did it. I am very impressed.

I am so glad to see one person can make such a difference. Thanks Don, I wouldn't have thought it possible but you did it. I am very impressed.
It certainly wasn't just me, but I did what I thot I could get away with.

Just got word that the Clear monitors are not in place yet but expected to be installed in the next few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom