Menu for V-Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK. Let's talk about food! I have about 10 filets of fish that I can bring and I will also bring some shrimp again as I did at Springfest. I think we had discussed using our own grill and getting of the community grill. We had some volunteers bringing charcol/fluid, etc, but I'd like to see and discuss that here so we can see if we have any holes in our menu. It aslo, seems reasonable that everyone bring there own utensils, etc. So, let the discussion begin:

OK. Here's who I have on the list:

MRXRAY
The Egg, Andy, and Andrew
Snep and Mrs. Snep
JHayes
Hetland
Docc

We may have 1-2 more (Alex and my buddy Recharge and friend)

Anyone else?

I plan to cook a pork roast, potatos, carrots and onions in a slow cooker all day Friday and have it for Friday night. I also plan to bring two pork loins for Jason to cook in his magic oven for Saturday night. I will bring plates, napkins, silverware. If we need more pork I can bring it. This is home grown(as well Alex :D This is just a side thing. He doesn't do this for a living) and Charles will be killing and processing it for us the day before. :)

In looking in my freezer I have the following fish:

1 BIG Grouper fillet, 2 big red snapper fillet's and about 10 smaller Black snapper fillet's. I will bring all these and about 5 lbs of shrimp, and some skewers as I thought that made it easy to consume veggies and shrimp together.

Keep in mind that the goal here is to stay off the community grill if possible as we unintentionally poisoned Tom Smedley with our shrimp last year. Not to mention that it is just to darn hard to get your food cooked.

If someone is looking to bring something, what was that Jalapeño wrapped meat that someone brought last year that was soaked in soy sauce or something? Man was that good!!! Help me out here Alex.

Oh man, I forgot about Friday night. The pork roast/stew sounds like a great meal! I usually eat light and snack a lot on friday as I like to try to get in some night diving. Maybe I'll bring a Chili or Bean Soup. Let me roll that over in my head a bit.

OK. Here's who I have on the list:

MRXRAY
The Egg, Andy, and Andrew
Snep and Mrs. Snep
JHayes
Hetland
Docc
wjefferis

We may have 1-2 more (Alex and my buddy Recharge and friend)

Anyone else?

I added Walter. He just found out he will be able to get off work :)

Alex was bringing veggies and seasoning?

Who was bringing Charcoal and lighter fluid... Enough for 2 days?

I am bringing bratwurst sausage and buns for Saturday Night. I also have my ingredients for breakfast on Sunday and of course I will be up early on Saturday to kick us off to a good start. Sounds like we will have a good bit for Friday night. Just let me know what we need.

I have the charcoal and lighter fluid covered. I also bought an additional stove I am bringing. We have onions,bell peppers and roma tomatoes for the skewers and I will pick up some meat of some sort later in the week. I can get shrimp,beef, etc. Any suggestions?

I also have 3 dozen eggs and 100 skewer sticks. I think we need more veggies, I love them, I just needs some suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom