Menu for V-Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm bringing a bunch of corn (in the husk),onions, and 12 steaks, a pan of marinade for the meat . I did the deer tenderloins wrapped in bacon last year but I think the freezer is empty of those until November when I can start slaying more bambis. I'll get my son to dig around the bottom and see if any tenderloins are hiding. If there's more than 12 eating I can throw in more steaks. Anybody got an actual headcount? My granddaughter has decided she no longer likes spaghettios so I have a huge stock of those . I'll bring a can or two for the gourmets in the group.:D

I'm bringing a bunch of corn (in the husk),onions, and 12 steaks, a pan of marinade for the meat . I did the deer tenderloins wrapped in bacon last year but I think the freezer is empty of those until November when I can start slaying more bambis. I'll get my son to dig around the bottom and see if any tenderloins are hiding. If there's more than 12 eating I can throw in more steaks. Anybody got an actual headcount? My granddaughter has decided she no longer likes spaghettios so I have a huge stock of those . I'll bring a can or two for the gourmets in the group.:D
Oooooh, Spaghettios or steak? I'm going with steak.

Do you have a few extra cylinders? How about a HP130 and a LP77?

Oooooh, Spaghettios or steak? I'm going with steak.

Do you have a few extra cylinders? How about a HP130 and a LP77?

As a matter of fact I do. They are currently hanging around with my cylinders (I hope mine don't teach yours any bad habits) and will ride down with me Thursday. You can retrieve them at Vortex in exchange for one cigar. I'll let them ride up front with me since you said not to let them get wet.

Ok. Menu for Friday includes:

Viggies of some sort
Beef Stew from Denise
Chili/Soup from MrXray

A Coleslaw or Potato Salad for Friday wouuld be good. No Green Salads though as they are so hard to control on paper plates and to keep ...Green.

Volunteers?

OK. What about Saturday?

Sounds like we have Steaks, Fish, Shrimp, More Veggies and Pork Loin. Wow... I'm getting hungry already.

Docc, I think the way things are going I'd plan on 12 right now and the rest will be SOL.

Anymore suggestions?

How about Deserts?

Wow!! Sounds awesome! We are going to have a feast all weekend long!! :D

Ok. Menu for Friday includes:

Viggies of some sort
Beef Stew from Denise
Chili/Soup from MrXray

A Coleslaw or Potato Salad for Friday wouuld be good. No Green Salads though as they are so hard to control on paper plates and to keep ...Green.

Volunteers?

OK. What about Saturday?

Sounds like we have Steaks, Fish, Shrimp, More Veggies and Pork Loin. Wow... I'm getting hungry already.

Docc, I think the way things are going I'd plan on 12 right now and the rest will be SOL.

Anymore suggestions?

How about Deserts?

We may need to move some of the food from Saturday to Friday. I don't see how 12 people can eat 12 steaks, 2 pork loins, loads of fish and shrimp.

I will volunteer Mrs. Snep(madkat) to do either potato salad or cole slaw.
MRXRAY:
How about Deserts?
I will also volunteer to handle this even if it means I have to grab something from the store already prepared.

As a matter of fact I do. They are currently hanging around with my cylinders (I hope mine don't teach yours any bad habits) and will ride down with me Thursday. You can retrieve them at Vortex in exchange for one cigar. I'll let them ride up front with me since you said not to let them get wet.
:D1 cigar it is. A cheap price to save me a trip to ABWA. If they ride up front you will want to secure them properly so in the unfortunate event of an air bag deployment they do not become missles.:rofl3:

I will have two charcoal heated camp ovens and 1 coleman stove and 1 keg of beer.
1 Keg? Seems a little short.

P.S.We are also bringing breakfast stuff. Eggs,bacon, sausage,grits,cheese and aluminum pans.
What else do you need to make thos awecome grits?

We may need to move some of the food from Saturday to Friday. I don't see how 12 people can eat 12 steaks, 2 pork loins, loads of fish and shrimp.

I intend to start marinating the steaks sometime Friday. It'll be the same stuff the deer was marinated in at Springfest. If anybody doesn't want their meat marinated let me know before Friday and I'll leave some steaks out nekkid.

Back
Top Bottom