Memorial Day Weekend

Which days are able to make it and to which locations? (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Yeah, I like the LSS site descriptions, they print out well and are very pleasing to the eye (not to mention informative).

The SOCDC site also has great info, but it's just so ugly that it's hard to look at. Although, I don't like the design of the SOCDC site it has some great info. The Sand Eaters site is great to round out details with. ShoreDiving.com is better for pictures of trailheads, entries, etc. than anything else. I've linked to all of the above descriptions for Laguna Beach and a little further north in the first post of the Wrinkles thread for June. It's some good reading.

Maybe someone who has dove this can let us know what to expect. I haven't dove this site.

Christian
Ok, for good info on the Montage, Robert Phillips dives there often. Bring $3.00 in singles for the parking meter located by the shower and restrooms. I have dove it a few times. Usally a good dive, with good reef structrure. If you go down the far ramp at the end by the golf course and then swim out on the West side, it is a sand bottom out to the reef. First time was a magical 30 feet of visibility while the hotel was under constuction. Entering off the second stairs (see www.sandeaters.org) and swim out along the reef and around. Or if you go staight out there is another reef furhter out. The reef off the second stairs can be fun too. Between the two reefs is a sand bottom and some featherboa kelp, where I have often found several large bat rays.

Now about the sand eaters dive site, what would make the pages better for the dive sites? Let me know and I will see about adding it. I am working on the Orange County sites now. So far we have Crescent BAy, Deadmans Reef, Shaws Cove and Treasure Island up on line. i have Cleo and a few others ready for when I get time to put them up, probably after July 2nd when I return from Army duty.

slyder:
i did...:D voted yesterday... wheres crystal cove?
see my other thread

John

kelphelper:
If my sister can make it in time, we're going to join you!

Anyway.... I dived this site twice and both times I was uninspired but I have a new plan for tomorrow. That plan is to do a surface swim around Goff Rock and hopefully get out further. I've been told there are cool caves and structure out there! Viz may stink, so I'll shoot super macro tomorrow.

Oh... expect a long walk in your gear along the gorgeous grounds of the Montage! It's flat most of the way and with the gloomy Junes upon us, it shouldn't be uncomfortably warm in the morning. Summer can be another story.

Some folks prefer to haul their gear in a cart and leave the cart at the bottom of the ramp. If you have a cart to bring, it may be a good idea. Others drop their gear on the west end of the resort and then park in the east end structure and hike back to gear up. I usually just gear up in the parking structure, myself.

If the parking structure is full, there is a park across Coast Hwy that may have spots. There is also metered parking up there. Bring cash for the parking structure and quarters in case you have to feed the meters.

The swell charts are awesome today! Here's hoping we get some decent viz too!

Can I answer any other questions??

Deb
That is an excellent spot to dive Deb. This is where we [censored] during the season. Lots of really cool reef structure and finger reefs. It makes an awsome night dive too.
You guys will enjoy it and you will come away with a new appreciation for this site!

Melvin,
When I go to the sandeaters site, then click on Sand Eaters Dive Sites, then the Montage (Treasure Island), it directs me to the Laguna Sea Sports descriptions, not your descriptions. How do I get to yours?

All fixed. I am in the process of rearranging the site a bit and re-naming files. Montage is not yet so moved, and in fixing the Laguna Sea Sport link, i accidently copied over the code for the montage link that i did.

Sandeaters Montage Resort Page

Ok I have to say, the Montage is nice.... and I dont mean nice like "OK"... like NIIIIIIICE... but, on the flipside I would NEVER pay f-in $2800 PER Night for a condo-style hotel room (if you can call it that)....Would be nice to get one of those for a wrinkles dive and have everyone chip in and throw a little party there...... :wink:

What's the plan for tomorrow (Monday)? We decided to be lazy today, so we didn't make it to the beach. But the van's loaded for tomorrow. There was talk of doing LA tomorrow as I recall, so I checked the webcam for Malaga/Torrance and it looks real calm. Redondo too deep for me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom