Memorial Day Weekend

Which days are able to make it and to which locations? (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
I just called Zuma lifeguards, and they say there's still some lingering red tide in the Malibu area, and viz is poor (< 5ft.).
I guess that eliminates Malibu from the list for this weekend then.

Maybe Palos Verdes/Redondo Beach area for Monday would be good based on dazedone's report of 20+ foot vis.

Christian

We'll be at Treasure Island tomorrow AM. Cool. Groovy. Thanks Christian for setting this up.

Lexy:
I found a description about Treasure Island on LSS's dive location.
http://www.lagunaseasports.com/divesite/default.asp

Sounds like a shallow dive? Anyone ever dove Treasure Island?
Yeah, I like the LSS site descriptions, they print out well and are very pleasing to the eye (not to mention informative).

The SOCDC site also has great info, but it's just so ugly that it's hard to look at. Although, I don't like the design of the SOCDC site it has some great info. The Sand Eaters site is great to round out details with. ShoreDiving.com is better for pictures of trailheads, entries, etc. than anything else. I've linked to all of the above descriptions for Laguna Beach and a little further north in the first post of the Wrinkles thread for June. It's some good reading.

Maybe someone who has dove this can let us know what to expect. I haven't dove this site.

Christian

headhunter:
snipped
Maybe someone who has dove this can let us know what to expect. I haven't dove this site.

Christian

If my sister can make it in time, we're going to join you!

Anyway.... I dived this site twice and both times I was uninspired but I have a new plan for tomorrow. That plan is to do a surface swim around Goff Rock and hopefully get out further. I've been told there are cool caves and structure out there! Viz may stink, so I'll shoot super macro tomorrow.

Oh... expect a long walk in your gear along the gorgeous grounds of the Montage! It's flat most of the way and with the gloomy Junes upon us, it shouldn't be uncomfortably warm in the morning. Summer can be another story.

Some folks prefer to haul their gear in a cart and leave the cart at the bottom of the ramp. If you have a cart to bring, it may be a good idea. Others drop their gear on the west end of the resort and then park in the east end structure and hike back to gear up. I usually just gear up in the parking structure, myself.

If the parking structure is full, there is a park across Coast Hwy that may have spots. There is also metered parking up there. Bring cash for the parking structure and quarters in case you have to feed the meters.

The swell charts are awesome today! Here's hoping we get some decent viz too!

Can I answer any other questions??

Deb

I was looking at the webpage for the Montage Resort.

A standard room is $795.00 per night. :11:

Christian

headhunter:
I was looking at the webpage for the Montage Resort.

A standard room is $795.00 per night. :11:

Christian

Probably not in our budgets if we are always talking about getting discounts on air fills for our wrinkles dives. :wink:

That site has gorgeous photos though, doesn't it?

Sounds really cool with the underwater cave structure. I read an old dive report that says go 235 to the north reef structure...

Thanks for all the awesome information KelpHelper :)

See you at 8 AM.

kelphelper:
Probably not in our budgets if we are always talking about getting discounts on air fills for our wrinkles dives. :wink:

That site has gorgeous photos though, doesn't it?
Maybe not this year. :wink:

The virtual tour is awesome. Those of you that won't be able to make it should click on this link and take the virtual tour. This is a very nice place we're going to be hanging out at tomorrow morning.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom