Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years Diving: 4
Tech Diving: 0,5
No of Tech Dives: 15
Trimix: Yes, normoxic
Cave: No
Rebreather: No
Side Mount: No
Instructor: No
Student from Germany, a tek-newbie

Real name
Alberto
years in tech diving 10
2003 Nss cds cave diver and IANTD deepair and ADV Eanx diver
2003till now cave and tech guide in Mexico
2003 Normoxic Trimix diver IANTD
2010 IANTD TECH Cave Instructor with some specialty like ADV CAVE , Side Mount (ow and Cave), DPV , MK6 Rebreather
i have joined the tech diving because i like caves and wrecks all over the world , i am running a dive shop in Mexico from 2004
Thanks to all the members to accept me in the group, i like to share ideas with other divers

JW (Joe) Sachs.

Deco and overhead diving since 2009.
Highest certs: IANTD technical cave, normoxic trimix.
Full trimix completion dives are scheduled for early May 2012.

I've done about 50 staged decompression dives- don't know the exact count off the top of my head. I have dived mostly North Carolina wrecks during the season and North Florida caves in the off-season. This is changing since the cave bug bit me (I have an annual pass to Ginnie now). I still enjoy wreck diving immensely and can't imagine giving it up but I wish the sea weren't such a fickle mistress.

Took a couple of classes so here's an update:

Name: Kathy

Started diving:

Years tec diving:
a little over a year

No of deco dives:
1 - in a cave

Tec instructor?
No

Trimix?
Not yet

Rebreathers?
No

Caves?
Absolutely! I love them!

I dove 30+ caverns with instructors before taking GUE Cave 1 in 11/10.
Logged 140+ C1 dives and just passed GUE Cave 2 in 3/12

Was wreck certified in 8/11 by a GUE T2 diver (teaching under IANTD but using GUE C1 rules)

Other comments:.

Hey Kathy! Are you still in Q. Roo?

Years Tech Diving: 1
Cave Diver 1, Global Underwater Explorers. 1/2012
Helitrox Diver, National Association of Underwater Instructors. 10/2011

I am a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist from Austin, TX. We press our patients until they confess! I am looking for buddies from the Southwest to split costs for a return trip to Tulum. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

Years tec diving: 10 Years this month
No of deco dives: Unknown
Tec instructor? Negative
Trimix? Not yet, once I get back to the states, yes.
Rebreathers? Negative.
Caves? Hell yes! My favorite type of dive
Other comments: Just switched to sidemount a couple months ago. Got about 50 dives in it now. Love it. Always learning.

Name: Mike Morgan

Years tech diving: 7

Number of deco dives: 102

Tech instructor: No

Trimix: No - that's next on my list

Caves: Yes - NSS-CDS full cave since 2006, 216 cave dives

Comments: Switched to sidemount two years ago - it's great, but I like having backmount in my toobox as well. My wife is also a cave diver.

Years tec diving 2
No of deco dives Currently I am primarily diving a Min deco schedules. This year I am taking a the full tech course to start diving at the 160 fw.
Tec instructor Nope.
Rebreathers Not yet. I am still undecided
Caves Yes Yes and oh Yes. Full cave certified if Florida, and currently taking annual trips to Akumal to vist the caves systems there.
Other comments Just picked up my first sidemount rig as well. I am looking forward to the proper training to play with that in Mexico as well.

Years Diving: 2,5
Tech Diving: 0,5
No of Tech Dives: 10
Trimix: Yes, normoxic
Cave: No
Side Mount: No
Instructor: No

Hi Guys. I'm a tech newbie. I've been diving for a little over two years and have about 220 dives. For the most paprt i was just a OW+Nitrox diver, and during those 200 dives I got complacent. I was diving all year long and did many dives I "wasn't supposed to" - 50M dives, wreck penetration (guided), deco diving. I was reading everything I could and was going WAY over my certification.

At one point a friend told me I was just being stupid. When I told him i understood there were risks, his answer to me wsa that I didn't know what I didn't know, and therefore I was taking risks i didn't even understand. I got the message.

From that point on I started taking courses with instructors I trust and am now an IANTD technical diver. I loved my wreck dives (Truk) but have no interest in caves. I'm still a beginner and still like to read everything I can on the subject.

Thanks for having me here.

Hi everyone,
my name is Nolan Wapenaar.

Years diving: 18 years
Years tech diving 2 years

No. Deco dives: about 40
No. Overhead dives about 40.
Trimix: Yes
Wrecks: Yes
Caves: Yes
Rebreathers: Not going to happen
Instructor: Also not going to happen

Got into diving for fish. Then I discovered wrecks. Then I discovered caves. Now I long to be in a cave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom