MEGALODON shark tooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracker:
I have heard from another member that he plans to dive the Cooper River around Charleston, S.C. for just what you are looking for. Never been there myself.

The Cooper River is a great place to find teeth. Everytime we dive there we come up with lots of teeth. The four of us can easily come up with 50+ teeth in a day of varying sizes, usually 3 dives. Visibility is 3-5 ft usually(with a flashlight), there are alligators, but we have never seen any sharks, ie bull sharks. The time before last my partner found a 6 in tooth. I was sick because I was only a foot from him when he found it.

ScubaNorth:
Heck I thought Vito Bertucci was a made up name. I lifted that blurb off some website, I should have given credit with a foot note. I was kidding about buying one online. When I put megalodon in google that was the price range one site was selling them for. Ok here's were I get curious 70,000 pounds how did they fit in a river in the first place? Just how big do they grow rivers in South Carolina? I lived off the TN River for a bit and that was big in places but a 70 foot shark would have to go out to sea to turn around.

well ya have to think
the times that these sharks were living
the land was different that it is now the morgan and the cooper river..
at the time could have actually been completely covered in water

Gabriel90512:
can anyone tell me where you can find a shark tooth fossil.
any good hunting grounds off our coast?

Gabe
Hi I am new here . can anyone tell me how to post here on this md sit please?

Ray Jackson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom