Info Megalodon CCR MOD1 course on Oahu (2022)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

veryfastfourier

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am organizing a CCR MOD1 (air diluent) course on the Megalodon CCR to be hosted in Honolulu this fall (I will be one of the students). I have reached out to two very reputable and well-known Meg instructor trainers who are both available to come out and teach the course, tentatively in September or October, but final scheduling will be dependent upon the schedule of all of the students, and the instructor who we (collectively) decide on.

The maximum class size is 3 students and there is one spot still definitely available, with the other spot pending. The training cost to the instructor is between $2k and $3k (exact prices available via DM) and all 3 students will split the instructors expenses out to and in Hawai'i, which I estimate at roughly $800/ea (assuming 3 students). So, the total training cost should be between $3k and $3.5k. The course will be 6 long days, with lots of diving, and there is a choice between TDI and IANTD for the certifying agency.

There are no Megs available to rent on Oahu so you will need to buy a unit (if you are based on island) or bring one with you if you are coming from the mainland. We will be training on Megs with the Tiburon heads (which have Shearwater electronics).

If anyone on-island is interested in making the jump to CCR, shoot me a DM and I can provide all of the details! If you are on the mainland and are interested in getting CCR trained out here in Hawai'i, we'd love to have you and I can provide any island-related info you need!

This is a great opportunity to learn the Meg from one of the best CCR instructors out there! Post or DM me if you'd like to learn more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom