Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was a great weekend... also, i forgot to thank Cardzard for all the great
advice on Coco View and Roatan in general.

awesome info!

MANEATER:
Just wanted to say thanks to Vickie for letting me and deepseawolf to get a dive in together...
Ahhh sweetness, your most welcome... I loved playing with Brandon, such a little cutie-pie! Next time I'm bringing a super soaker :eyebrow:

Everyone that was going to hurry up and buy all that cave gear because they were afraid that I was going to buy it all up.... you can breath a sigh of relif.

I have now dove Alexander springs, Blue springs, and Ginnie springs. I just can not enjoy the whole spring diving experience. It is cold and the catfish are okay to look at but just not cool enough for the training and gear that I'd need to get into it. I can see the draw but just like Golf and Formal dancing it is not for me.

The Mosquitos where swarming and making raids on campers who did not have the higher concentrations of deet on. After the spray was applied and the many torches lit we seemed to beat them back a bit.

Later in the night after the brisket was cooked and eaten there were visitors to the campsite. I jumped up in the middle of the night and lit one up and thought it looked like a big dog but Kim said it was a "Wild Cow" angry over the feast we had of beef.

The dive was good and I got a lesson in squeezing through a restriction and getting to hear that scraping noise that makes you wonder how high your first stage is on your set up.

All in all it was a fun time. I am looking forward to summer diving in the ocean at 80 degree plus temps though and all the tropical fishes.

Orlando Eric:
The Mosquitos where swarming and making raids on campers who did not have the higher concentrations of deet on. After the spray was applied and the many torches lit we seemed to beat them back a bit.
I beg to differ, i have the bite marks all over from those blasted things, i was wearing DEET and hanging out by the candles and fire, nothing seemed to keep them abated.

Orlando Eric:
Later in the night after the brisket was cooked and eaten there were visitors to the campsite. I jumped up in the middle of the night and lit one up and thought it looked like a big dog but Kim said it was a "Wild Cow" angry over the feast we had of beef.
Both nights we had dog visitors late/early on looking for scraps. Shame i didnt get to have more than half a slice of the brisket, i heard it was good.

As for the cave thing, didnt any of you used to go play in the woods, or sea caves (open air not submerged) or climbing stuff - there is just an adventure involved there which at least draws me if for nothing else. I know its not for everyone, but its a journey of discovery more than just looking at rocks and the odd fish.

the reason the skeeters kept attacking you was,...
They're gourmets! Take a redneckand spray deet on us, we taste the ame a any other Floridian. Take a fer-ner, and spray deet on 'im, ya might as well be caviar!
hem skeeters jest LOVED fresh blood!
Then again, after seeing all those leeches crawling out of your dry suit, made me wonder what was really going on in the caves. Dark water indeed!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Take a fer-ner, and spray deet on 'im, ya might as well be caviar!

dang it... i knew there was a reason i was SOL with 'skeeters

And there we go the truth comes out, its a conspiracy between the confederates and the skeeters - who would have thought. :shakehead.

As for my DS - all was nice and toasty dry on saturday - well i did have to let the undies air to let the sweat evaporate off them after the dives. :wink:

What a great weekend of food, friends and fun. We would like to thank Ken and Holly for putting this event together again this year. To all our fellow Conch friends (new & old) thanks for the memories. To our dive buddys(Jenny & Corey) for the "SUNRISE DIVE" we really enjoyed diving with you. We also enjoyed the Devils system/Ginnie night dive with everyone. We could not think of a better way to spend a weekend and we are sure there could not be a better group to spend it with. Andy you are welcome for the Roatan stuff and I'll be looking forward to your trip report. While I did not take any above water pictures, I did manage a few underwater pictures from the SUNRISE DIVE. To all who attened THANK YOU and we can't wait for the next event.

Cardzard & Roxanne

Simon turn off that light your frightening the fish. :wink:

Great pics cardzard, I really wish I could have made the trip myself. Hopefully, I'll see you guys in the fall.

cardzard:
Simon turn off that light your frightening the fish. :wink:
Was that my lightsaber in the photo? Scary that it came out just as a beam. BTW - according to the coastal dwellers, there arent really any fish to speak of, so they wont bump into each other if they went blind from a bit of bright light :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom