Meg lost or stolen 8-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sean326

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For what it's worth, i flew from Philadelphia to Miami to dive the keys on the 26th. I had my meg well packed in a Tumi bag and checked it at philly. Thats the last anyone saw of it including USair. No big deal it was well insured but it will be a hassel getting a new one, setting it up and tweaking it. USair has no record of it after check in. It had a Golem gear BOV, tiger mounts etc... and was less than 6 months old.

that sucks :hugs: ....... keep an eye out on ebay of course..... whats a tumi bag but i bet some sucker expected some quick regs & bc and got soemthing he hasnt a clue about

almitywife:
that sucks :hugs: ....... keep an eye out on ebay of course..... whats a tumi bag but i bet some sucker expected some quick regs & bc and got soemthing he hasnt a clue about

Tumi is just a nice rolling suit bag like you see flight attendants and pilots use.

That will be on ebay for sure, Someone must have checked your baggage and saw something strange but looked expensive so he walked off with it. I would watch ebay for sure. Not to many people who know how to use a rebreather or how to recognize one I dont think. Sorry thats got to suck but good thing it was insured.

I bet the A-hole that tries to use it will get his comeuppance,

Is it just coincidence that MIA is the abbreviation for the Miami airport? :eyebrow:

Belmont:
I bet the A-hole that tries to use it will get his comeuppance,

Seriously--if you don't know what you're doing, a rebreather is just a very costly way to commit suicide, or so I've been told.

divermatt:
Seriously--if you don't know what you're doing, a rebreather is just a very costly way to commit suicide, or so I've been told.

Aint no doubt about that my friend.

At least that is some comfort my friend, The poor S.O.B. probably has no idea what it is and will try it . . . with any luck he will not hook it up right and try it out. . . ohh did I say something mean? ohh well. . . Karma is a mother ****er sometimes. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom