Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be bringing my wet suit, but will probably not use it; so if it fits you (or anybody else) it will be available for loan. As far a regs; there will be plenty around. Computers for loan may not be a good idea unless someone has an extra one they're not using; using someone else's computer will mess up their personal dive profile for the day on that computer. I'm also bringing my old dry suit if some one wants to try it out or even make me an offer for it.

Just from the food list, it looks like we may be short on desserts or maybe meat dishes. I've got about 20 lbs. of Keilbasa; how about just plain burgers and dogs too? There may be some who aren't into Keilbasa and horseradish.

Ok, I don't feel like reading all 40 some pages that have been posted since I last kept track of this thread.

Anything still needed as far as food, drinks, etc?

Micklock, still bringing that 7mm? I'm hoping to have my own by then but funds are tight right now. If the LDS still has the two piece 7mm they had a few weeks back I may try and get it, but I haven't checked to see if it's still in stock.

And lastly, since I'm probably not going to have my own reg or computer by then (funds just don't permit it for another few weeks at least) does anyone have extras I could borrow for a dive or two? I probably won't be in the water too much, but I really don't want to rent gear if someone has extras they could loan. I'd also love to try out some regs before making a firm decision on what to buy if anyone's willing to let me take some test runs. Particularly on an Oceanic GT3 or Delta4.

I'm out guys!!! I'm diving with my DB for intro to tech and deco the weekend before. No way can I swing both weekends with the price of gas.

I'm out guys!!! I'm diving with my DB for intro to tech and deco the weekend before. No way can I swing both weekends with the price of gas.

you are so cheap!! :D:D

I don't know if I will be able to come or not. A wrist seal on my drysuit has a tear in it. I noticed it after my first dive, it was only about a 1/2 inch long, now after my 4th dive with it yesterday it's about 2 1/2 inches long (got a little wet). I'll take it to my LSD tomorrow, but i don't know how long it will take them to fix it. There are neoprene seals, I think they just have to retape it and glue it. I will let you know more tomorrow.

I don't know if I will be able to come or not. A wrist seal on my drysuit has a tear in it. I noticed it after my first dive, it was only about a 1/2 inch long, now after my 4th dive with it yesterday it's about 2 1/2 inches long (got a little wet). I'll take it to my LSD tomorrow, but i don't know how long it will take them to fix it. There are neoprene seals, I think they just have to retape it and glue it. I will let you know more tomorrow.

I'm sure we've got somebody going that can handle a little duct :duck: tape!

:mil-usaf: Ken

Well here is the addition and subtractions from the food list Carpntr isnt coming so I will bring some eggs. Any one else want to bring some??
I also added some fried chicken to mine. Since Jchoby changed his. Also corrected some spelling errors on the bottom since it was apparent Trucker Girl took some kind of offense to it.

Also for those not in the Know.. Most of you are, but for the couple of new People. For those of you that is bringing ingredients for your stuff than plan on making it at Gilboa. I have all utensils that is needed So you do not have to worry about packing any of that type of thing. Spoons,Knifes,Spatulas,ect. Plus I have for the most part. It has been a little tight in past years. Plenty of refridgerator space. If you would like to store something there for the weekend. It works much better than ice.

Food List

Jchoby Chilli......... I assume Crackers also or is that just a northern thing? And some shredded chedder

Barracuda2 Kielbasa and Horseradish

electricbear60625 Itialian Beef, Buns, and Gardinaar

Diver Brian Wood

gtxl1200 1.Bunkhouse which still has lots of room.
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee Maker
4. case of water
5. GLWC Sign if I dont forget again. Maybe I should run it out to the bunkhouse right now.
6. Rubberbands and Red Pop
7. Fried Chicken
8. Eggs

Randy A couple of pies.

Mittendiver 1. Assorted plates, knifes, cups, napkins.
2. TEX-MEX DIP
3. Smores Ingredients
4. suasage dip

betail 1. Grill for the fire pit.
2. Irish coffee something.
3. More "Victims" oh I mean new people
4. Motor home but didnt say if any space available.

Berrabbit Veggie Tray
Tent for changing

Nitrox Junkie Cherry and Blueberry Cobbler
Extra shelter if needed. Wasnt clear on last post if he was bringing turky and fryer or not?

Trucker Girl Home made salsa and chips.

PVTSTASH variety of Nuts. NOt to say most of us their already are.

Mrsmitty13 cheese cake

Mental Marine Assorted Chips and Cookies.

kt_gobucks Peppers chips and various flavors of Pop

cldwdiver various Fruits

Warm Water Wimp Croissants and Canadian Bacon.

Diver_Paula Soup Mixings. and various other things she always manages to remember that we forget.

Dean810 Hamburger, Buns, Mustard, Ketchup.

this is what I have so far. I might have missed something. So if I did miss you, let me know and I will put it on. women are better than men when it comes to see what is missing food wise. So speak up women and let us know what we need. Not that you eat more than men. You just throw better parties. Men can live on chips and beer for an entire weekend.

updated April 9th

Having never met anybody from this forum sub-group (although I have seen Ms. Rabbit at distance while taking my GUE fundamentals class last year), I thought I might come down and meet some folks and give me new doubles rig a try - that should be good for a few laughs be itself.

I most likely won't know for sure until the day before, but if the things don't get too crazy at work, I plan on driving down after work and dive on Saturday before heading back to MI later that night. Once I know for sure, I will sign up to bring the last forgotten items.

I will be warming up with some dives in Key Largo this weekend. I hope my body does not go into thermal shock due to the 35+ degree temperature change of the water once a hit 40' at Gilboa.

paper plates, nappies, sporks an cups.... ?

already spoken for or are they needed?

paper plates, nappies, sporks an cups.... ?

already spoken for or are they needed?

Mitten has been saving all the left overs from past years. Boy do they accummulate quickly. But you are right...

Hey MITTEN - do we need to supplement the stash?

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom