Meet & Greet - October 16th - 6pm - Mill Avenue

Will you be coming to the October 16th Meet & Greet?

• Yeah, Ill be there.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No, cant make it.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Aloha!

Okay, I know that it was a tight one between Mill Avenue & Desert Ridge, as well as October 16th and Oct 23rd, however Octobers Meet & Greet will be.... (drum roll please)

October 16th - 6pm

Rula Bula Irish Pub :balloons:
401 S. Mill Avenue
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 929-9500

I will have seating for 10-15 people reserved, assuming more people will come on a last minute notice kind of deal, if they get the chance.

Happy Hour Specials end at 6:30pm, so try to get there by than to get your 1/2 price appetizer orders in.

$1.00 off well and domestics
1/2 price appetizers

I will let the hostess know that we are a scuba group, so she can point you in the right direction when you get there.

Also, I will have gift cards to a LDS or two in valley. So make sure you show up. You'll have a chance to win a gift card, and meet some awesome local divers, that actually dive locally!

Last Meet & Greet at Dave & Busters was awesome. So many great people, and I actually got to dive with Bill (PhxSki) & John (Scubajcf) the following weekend out at Lake Pleasant.

If you're not a DiveBuddy.com member yet, make sure you sign up. It's free. (If you sign up, let me know your user name.)

Parking Facilities:

There are 4 conveniently located parking facilities in downtown Tempe

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Parking Lot: Located adjacent to Rúla Búla. Free 2 hour limited parking is available until 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, Friday-Saturday and on some week nights the hotel charges a fee for which there is NO validation available.

Mill Avenue: Metered public parking along Mill Avenue until 6:00 p.m. and Free after 6:00 p.m. Generally, there are spaces available to the North, between the Rúla Búla and Tempe Town Lake.

Public Parking Garage: Located on Third street which is 1/2 block North of Rúla Búla. From Mill Avenue turn West on Third Street traveling 1/2 block to garage entrance on left (South) side. Two free hours of validation is available. Ask your server to stamp your parking receipt.

America West Airlines Parking Lot: Free parking. Located on Third Street directly across from the Hayden Commons Parking Garage. This lot is also accessible via Monti's Steakhouse parking lot off Mill Avenue. Inform Monti's lot attendant that you are headed to Rúla Búla. If you are charged a fee, ask your server to stamp your parking receipt and Monti's attendant will reimburse you. The attendant is usually available until 11:00 pm for reimbursement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rula Bula is one of our favorite spots. We'll be there for sure.

Steve.

Aloha:

Although we thoroughly enjoyed the previous get together, Beth and I will be unable to attend the event on the 16th due to vacation plans. Hope everyone who attends has a great time. Am sure Christie will do another great job.

Mahalo, Bill

Try to be there, Rula is a nice place.

i have seen many of these kind of things at bares. i am not a drinker so a place like this is not very exiting for me.

Well, it's not really a bar 'bar'. Its more of a restaurant that serves beer. I wish you'd atleast come and check it out. Its the company that counts!

It'd be nice to meet you and your dad, or is it you and your son?

i have seen many of these kind of things at bares. i am not a drinker so a place like this is not very exiting for me.

I've been organizing M&G's in my area for a few years now. Not everyone drinks. Not by any means. It is more about getting to know your local dive buds - sharing a couple appetizers - a couple laughs - and a couple dive stories. Building camaraderie is the goal. Really good stuff :)

That was funny. :rofl3:
With Ed4 and I, if you see one, you've seen the other.
I'm just the older version.
I'm often told we even sound alike on the phone.
We'll try to drop by and say hi.
Grab some Calamari if they have it.

Back
Top Bottom