Meditation/Prayer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradymsu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Apart from visualizing a dive, do you meditate or pray before you dive? How? When do you do it and for how long? Does it depend on the difficulty of the dive?

I haven't myself, never really thought about it until I dove with one of the guys from work. He prayed aloud right before we descended asking for an enjoyable, safe dive.
Ber :bunny:

I pray before each dive for the safety of all who are entering the
water and ask that we come back alive (and hopefully well).
I also ask for the wisdom to stay within my limits and not be
afraid to speak up if I see another diver doing or about to do
something hazardous.

Meditation before a dive will reduce air consumption..... Haven't seen that yet. But I do know that if I take a few minutes to center before I dive - I am calmer in the water and I believe that calmness will make me better at handling any issues in the water.

Meditate? Don't think so - shut out distractions ala "compartmentalization" - yes.
Pray? Constantly.
Rick

So, who can get into and keep a full lotus while remaining neutral at 5'? Hmmm... I think I have my next skill to work on...

I Pray for guidance, and that we (all who are on the dive) might have a safe dive.
Afterwards I give thanks, for the safe dive, for the learning, and for the beauty and abundance beaneath the waves.

Only if I'm planning to be focused and aware while u/w :wink:If I see of find something significant I give thanx.I occasionally pray for calm weather......but try to limit the selfishness..

Well... that's something I've never seen yet - honest prayer before diving.

Seen a few people say 'Oh God'... and seen lots more call to O'Rouke over the side of the boat... but no prayer.

I think thats a big difference between Aust and USA - we are pretty unreligious. Probably because you don't need to believe in a concept like heaven when you already live there :)

I crack me up :D :D

Mike

Back
Top Bottom