Medical evacuation insurance from credit card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, that was also a question/concern I had. Is the evac process painful and the CC company difficult to work with? Thanks for the info.

Whenever I read one of these policies, and this is similar to other travel medical insurance verbiage, I suspect that the most likely thing they will pay for is transportation to the nearest hospital where you can get care. Some places in the world that might be a big deal. Most places it would be a taxi ride.

Actually, that was also a question/concern I had. Is the evac process painful and the CC company difficult to work with? Thanks for the info.
You could phone them and ask? That is how I know my CC insurance is useless. I dialed them up and started asking questions...

Get a Dan Guardian plan and charge it to your sapphire card. Peace of mind for $135.00 and all the bases are covered. Dont skip the deco stops.

Just the idea that you can have access to one of DAN's medical experts on the phone to help guide/coordinate treatment is valuable. You might not always find a diving knowledgeable doctor where you need it. Besides, they do so much good for the dive community, so a good investment in many ways.

Their preferred and guardian plans also offer some coverage for non-dive related injuries.

Been bent twice. (Cave diving). Two chopper flights. They charge $5,000 just to start the engine. $50,000 + each time. Now that’s for a helicopter. If you need fixed wing evac, it could be triple that. So yes, don’t leave home without DAN.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom