McLean, Va next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm headed to McLean, VA (Tysons Corner Area) next week for a class. I'll be getting in on Tuesday afternoon and leaving Friday afternoon.

Would like to meet with some Scubaboarders at dinner sometime while I am there.

I grew up there when it was semi rural. Tysons corner was the intersection of rt123 and rt 7, with just a feed store. I moved to FL 35 years ago and have no regrets.

Its a bit umm.. busier now... I am in the area would be happy to meet you somewhere and share stories with others. I know there is a chevy's and on the boarder right on 7 there, also a fudruckers just off it. Those are easy sit down eat and talk for hour or so places. Anyone with other suggestions?

Hello,
I'm up for the summer from Florida - now in frederick, Md. I brought enough dive gear with me to do some local diving while here - though not sure I have enough wetsuit for the cold water!
I see you are from Fl too...? - what kind of diving do you do?
I hope to meet up with someone to dive with , any day or time - mid-atlantic area!

RuhRoh:
Those are easy sit down eat and talk for hour or so places. Anyone with other suggestions?

There is a Silver Diner just off Rte 7 (on International Drive I think) in front of Tyson's Corner mall.

Dinner will need to be an evening thing either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I am in a class all day otherwise. Any evening or all of them are fine with me. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Tyson's Corner and there are several restaurants at the Tyson's Galleria, like Legal Sea Foods and a couple of what looks like Italian places. Anyone want to meet me there one night or is there some place nearby that is better?

And for Senior Clark, yes I am from Florida, grew up in Ft. Myers, lived in Melbourne for more than 20 years and now I have a home in Sebastian as well as my place in Williamsburg, VA. I mostly do warm water diving. The water up here in VA is not warm enough for me yet, maybe in late July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom