Mayair info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve1982

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone used Mayair from Cozumel to Cancun? Are they reliable?

My flight to the US leaves Cancun at 12:40pm and would rather take the short flight from Cozumel to Cancun instead of the bag drag. Is this a good option? For around $65 I don't see any downside. Any info would be great!

I use it all of the time Steve - as long as the schedule works, I say go for it!!!!

We used Mayair last year when we were delayed and missed our connector flight to Cozumel and could only get to Cancun. They were professional and on time. The plane was a small Dornier that wasn't even half full. For the price and convenience there is no better option.

Has anyone used Mayair from Cozumel to Cancun?

15 minutes from takeoff to landing, zoom, zoom....:D

Attachments

• Leaving-1.jpg
    Leaving-1.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 175
Is there still a weight restriction for luggage on Mayair?
Yes there is. I believe it is 44lbs./20kg. Over and above that gets quite costly at (i believe) $5 per kilo. I use Mayair quite regularly, and they have been vey reliable. I never go with luggage though. If I have bags I go on the ferry and bus.

Most scuba divers have 40 to 45 lbs of just scuba gear. Add to that 20 or more lbs of clothes and stuff,
taking Mayair might get expensive.

I have seen them be extremely reasonable to those with luggage. There was a woman on a flight with me from Cancun a few weeks ago with quite bit of luggage, she was only charged $25 extra - and she easily had 2 50 pound bags plus her carry-ons.

I think it depends on how full the flight is - but the agents are very reasonable!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom