Maya Tankah Tulum (Freedom Paradise)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are heading down next week for 2 weeks. Trying to find a dive shop in that area, since we won't have a car. The only one we could find on the web, has a page that says it's down. Do not want to head to Akumal (Villa De La Rosa=VERY BAD TIMES!!) but want some place local. Reef and cenote diving is what we have planned.

Thanks

chrisc:
We are heading down next week for 2 weeks. Trying to find a dive shop in that area, since we won't have a car. The only one we could find on the web, has a page that says it's down. Do not want to head to Akumal (Villa De La Rosa=VERY BAD TIMES!!) but want some place local. Reef and cenote diving is what we have planned.

Thanks

What's wrong with Villa De Rosa? I've been there the last 5 December's and I'm booked again for 2006. We have an excellent guide and things go off without a hitch. One thing nice about Villa De Rosa/Aquatech.....they have electric compressors....no nasty issues with tainted gas like other ops in the area have had.

4 years ago was over charged for dives on our CC, was promised refund, but never received it. Following year paid for 10 dive each for myself and wife and only got 4 dives due to to not having a dive master or a boat captain or some other lame excuse, did get a refund 2 months later. 2 years ago, paid for 10 dives 6 cenote dive, they lost our reservation but charged our credit card for full amount and failed to give us any dives. We showed them the bank trasaction on line that they charge our CC, but they still did not honor it. It took me over 4 months with my CC company to get my refund. We will never do business with them EVER! 3 times 3 screw up never again. Nancy has an "I could give a crap attitude"!

They must have finally got rid of the compressor in the van across the road...

The compressor in the van across the road has TWO electric compressors in it. Power from the overhead down to the van runs it. Both of them are actually in a newer van now.

All the shops and guides were coming to DeRosa for air a couple years back when Hidden Worlds had the tainted air that killed two divers in two different systems.

Nancy has her problems, true. But if you have your own guide that handles every detail, it's a perfect setup....can't beat the logistics, the price or the CLEAN air.

Sorry you got a raw deal.

Villa de Rosa is not the only Akumal dive shop. In Akumal and Half Moon Bay you have three shops to choose from, all of which have lots of happy repeat customers. Akumal Dive Shop, Akumal Dive Center and Akumal Dive Adventures. In Aventuras there are two shops that also get lots of repeat happy customers - Aquanauts (Dennis is also a great cenote guide) and Dive Aventuras.

I have not personally used a Tulum shop, but these are the ones I know of - Dive Tulum www.divetulum.com , Abyss www.abyssdiveshop.com and Acuatic Tulum Dive Center.

Back
Top Bottom