Gold Coast Dive Ops - Near Surfer's Paradise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtns2sea

Registered
Reaction score
Hi-ya!

Headed to Gold Coast in a couple weeks - staying in Surfer's Paradise area and wanting to get a few dives in. Looks like some areas about an hour drive south of there get good reviews - in Cape Byron Marine Park, Julian Rocks.

Anyone know if dive ops will pick up around Surfer's Paradise and head down to the Cape Byron Marine Park? Also, any recommended dive ops?

Appreciate the help!!
Susana

Hi-ya!

Headed to Gold Coast in a couple weeks - staying in Surfer's Paradise area and wanting to get a few dives in. Looks like some areas about an hour drive south of there get good reviews - in Cape Byron Marine Park, Julian Rocks.

Anyone know if dive ops will pick up around Surfer's Paradise and head down to the Cape Byron Marine Park? Also, any recommended dive ops?

Appreciate the help!!
Susana
Hi Susana,

I can highly recommend Gold Coast Dive Adventures at Runaway Bay, they run dives most days and visit sites as far north as North Stradbroke Island and as far south as Cook Island. You really can't go past them.

In Byron Bay itself there is only one operator there now SunDive and they will also take good care of you.

I'm not able to help you with a recommendation for operators that will pick you up from your doorstep though. It's a great time of year to dive here and we have had some fantastic conditions lately.

Enjoy your trip!

Gerard

Gerard,

Thanks again for your tip. We ended up changing our reservations to Byron Bay area and booking with SunDive. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Susana

We ended up changing our reservations to Byron Bay
Off topic.
How are the prices in Byron now?
Last time I was there I was scared away by the price of a holiday unit for a few days.
The place has gone 'nuts'.:confused:

I've used Blue Bay Brunswick Heads to avoid going into Byron

SunDive in Byron Bay were great! Excellent DM's, good equipment, helpful friendly staff all around, and AMAZING dives! Saw humpbacks breaching on the ride out to Julian Rocks and heard them during both dives. Plus lots of sharks, rays, turtles, colorful reef, and loads of fish, big and small. Highly recommend! Only complaint is they don't offer Nitrox. Thanks again for the info, Gerard.

Yeah no nitrox at Blue Bay either, what is it with that, but they do BYO

Off topic.
How are the prices in Byron now?
Last time I was there I was scared away by the price of a holiday unit for a few days.
The place has gone 'nuts'.:confused:
Certainly not cheap but what we got wasn't terrible, esp compared w Surfers Paradise cookie-cutter high-rise units for about the same cost. We went w Bookabach and got a place for the week w full kitchen, living room/bedroom, private garden w gas grill -- situated on a quiet road a short walk to Belongil Beach. All for under $1200 US for the week. Of course prices might go up as we move into spring/summer season.

All for under $1200 US for the week
You did very well price wise for Byron.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom