May 19th & 20th 2007 Panhandle Dive N Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

camping is good . we should change the name to D6.. Denise's Deep Dixie Diver's Dive and Dine .

Alright Jon,
LOL....you're getting sassy on me again. :wink: ...you're already going to have to pitch my tent and hook up my generator and bring me one of those portable air conditioners....keep it up and you'll have to rent me a fully equipped rv to stay in that night...:D

Hey one good thing about camping is you can dive, drink and not have to drive...:D

Regardless of the camping situation, not a great weekend for me it seems :/ Maybe things will change? Maybe not :p

I work that Sat. I may be able to get in some diving on Sunday. I am willing to make a road trip for 1 day of diving. I like St. Andrews/PC jetties or Destin jetties myself. However, If I make a trip that far for only 1 day of diving I would like to get in 3 dives or more. Now that I FINALLY have my own tanks I will not be at the mercy of the dive shops.

3 dives can be difficult to make on a tide driven site, lest you stay on the protected side of Destin Jetties or the Kiddie Pool off the St Andrews jetties.

Why was there no discussion on the dates for this? If its supposed to be an "official dive and dine" shouldn't we have figured on a date best for the majority?

I'll be coming down the 18th (Friday) and most likely dive the Destin Jetties the 19th (Saturday). The group from North AL will be diving the St Andrews Jetties Sunday, so I'll join them overthere.

Rocketman is coming down also. PHD is going to see if he can get off work that weekend.

It looks like we've already got a crowd for that weekend.

I can always hit Morrisons on the way home if someone from N. Al. wants to as it is on the way home. The route I take anyway. I hate 231 so I stay off of it as much as possible.

SuPrBuGmAn:
3 dives can be difficult to make on a tide driven site, lest you stay on the protected side of Destin Jetties or the Kiddie Pool off the St Andrews jetties.

Why was there no discussion on the dates for this? If its supposed to be an "official dive and dine" shouldn't we have figured on a date best for the majority?

On post #1 I also said to make suggestions for alternate sites and dates. Nothing is etched in stone. The last time I had the Kraken change the name of the thread for me after we decided on the dates. I started not to put dates on here again but I already knew that Mike and RocketMan were coming down on those dates. I am free so far any weekend in May except Memorial Day Weekend. :) I was hoping by starting it early enough everyone would have a chance to work things out so that they could come.:)

Back
Top Bottom