Maui Scooter Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubahawk27

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is classic!! Fun video of scooter diving at Marty's Reef at Makena Landing! Who wants to go?

[video=youtube;R-2MEU9tHZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-2MEU9tHZY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Greg

I'll be there by noon.

We Will See you soon Steve! Just had to replace the prop housing on Riptide. She is ready to rock and roll!

Epic Dive today at ML. The new scooter prop housing worked amazing! Can't wait to go to DEMA in Vegas. Going to look at the new scooters! If I hit it big on the black jack table, I will have to buy the new $12,000 Apollo SVX!

A few years ago, we did some great diving off Maui with kidspot, who had two X-Scooter Sierras. We had brought one of ours. You can really cruise the reef on them, but you do miss a lot of small critters. The barrel rolls make up for some of it :)

Moving there is going to happen, I just hope sooner then later. And yes a scooter is at the top of my to buy list now.

A few years ago, we did some great diving off Maui with kidspot, who had two X-Scooter Sierras. We had brought one of ours. You can really cruise the reef on them, but you do miss a lot of small critters. The barrel rolls make up for some of it :)

Aloha TSandM, Glad to hear you have gone to the other side and tried the scooter diving. I am not sure what the X scooters are but I am sure they are all fun.. You are correct about missing some of the mall critters going out to your location but the cool thing is going to places where you often need a boat to get to. Instead of getting up at 5 AM dragging yourself down to the pier and jumping on a boat by 6 then going out to a location off shore somewhere. You just drive up to the shore unload and gear up like a normal dive and jump in and go. We have been out to the wreck St Anothy's, Z Blocks. Red Hill all the way to little beach and back, The tank and landing craft just south of Makena Landing. Corral Gardens, Ukumehami (Manta Cleaning Station) Olowalu, Maliko Gulch on the North shore and my favorite Makena Landing and Five Caves/Graves.

It's not for everyone but so far haven't met anyone that didnt love it after doing it. Would love to take you out sometime on your next visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom