Maui - Lanai crossing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

healthy breakfast with your sea sickness medicine in the morning, do not eat the pineapple and orange slices on the boat and keep your eyes on the horizon or the Island; all Lanai boat crew clean up more puke than they

i'm still suprised that people (and there are quite a few) whom still serve pineapple and oranges to guest on a boat,,,, the last thing you want in your stomache is more acid than you already got,,,, good call halemano

I always tell people to go easy on the pineapple and oranges; more for me! :)

Funny how talk about motion sickness can get me excited :wink: Only 10 more days until I am on island. Got 2 trips booked with EH!! Can't wait!!

As a followup, I ended up going with EH, and while the ride out was fine, the ride back was extremely wet (if I'd known, I would've left on my wetsuit). Granted, there was a huge swell (I think that's the proper term?), but that boat ride really didn't leave me with the warm fuzzies per se. My trip to Molokini with LD a few days prior was relatively smooth, which is why I decided to try the smaller EH boat for Lanai this time. I really wanted to like EH, with their eco angle, and the guides and captain were nice, as were the larger tanks, but personally I think I prefer the more spacious boat.

Last edited:
Sounds like you experienced the kind of crossing we did when we went in a smaller boat a few years ago. Like I said before, there are a few compromises in going with LD, but for many of us the big 46' Newtons are worth it. :wink:

Bottom line is that everyone should choose what's "best" for them since one isn't "best" for everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom