Maui in Late Sept - need an Op and any other suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ChrisM Good point on reservations... didnt even occur to me. I think i will get the crew working on these and then if the restrictions let up we can drop them or adjust as needed. The COVID crap wears me out some days.

We got out so much it wasnt so bad. Get the book Maui Revealed and forget about the drive CD... There was tons of stops... you have to stop at The Three Bears, Chings pond and many other spots

on the hammerhead dive - any rough guess how likely it would be to see them? I know - impossible question.

we did the night manta dive on Kona twice a few years apart. first one was once in a lifetime, second time skunked. so i get it, but

I'm pretty sure you will see them, but it may look like this video I took i n 2013...

The sharks don't want to be around you. The best place to get really close to hammers in in Socorro, and I was closer than I wanted to be. lol

My wife and I had really good luck with Extended Horizons. Small boat, ask every diver what their experience level is and tailor the dives to those. Very good dive masters.

on the hammerhead dive - any rough guess how likely it would be to see them? I know - impossible question.

we did the night manta dive on Kona twice a few years apart. first one was once in a lifetime, second time skunked. so i get it, but
We did the hammerhead dive, no luck. I've heard that it's a 3 out of 5 odds kind of thing.

We did the hammerhead dive, no luck. I've heard that it's a 3 out of 5 odds kind of thing.
3 out of 5 for the cost and half day commitment...not sure this will be on the agenda. we have a crew of 4 going on this trip - so it will come t a vote. the other couple has been to Soccoro so they likely wont care.

BTW, I was again reminded at the $$$$$$$$$$$ of Maui boat diving. Booked a two tank back wall and a Lanai Cathedrals, for two..... $900...... Almost twice the airfare

BTW, I was again reminded at the $$$$$$$$$$$ of Maui boat diving.
i did notice this as well. Its sticker shock for sure. We dont Kona on two separate trips. How does the diving in Maui compare? I think we may only dive a couple days.

3 out of 5 for the cost and half day commitment...not sure this will be on the agenda. we have a crew of 4 going on this trip - so it will come t a vote. the other couple has been to Soccoro so they likely wont care.
If the sharks don't show it's a long boat ride to a relatively dull site. One spot was used at target practice for the Navy in WWII so you can find old ammo remains laying around but that's about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom